Chapter 368

Coincidentally, right after Jennie spoke, it became midnight.

Thankfully, she had made it in time.

The man stood outside the bathroom door watching as she stepped out.

Jennie did not have the courage to raise her head. After speaking once, she immediately looked down and stared at his slippers. She was nervous to the point where she could barely hear her own breathing. She then softly added, "Happy birthday, Lisa."

"Those who don't know would think that my slippers are named Lisa." His eyes were smiling as he caressed her hair. He chuckled softly. "Look at me."

Jennie reached up and caught his hand. She looked up and glared at him. The bashfulness in her heart was really vexing her. She could not control herself as she brought his hand up and bit down on it to vent her nerves.

The man raised his brows and stared at her in response. Jennie immediately released her grip but he did not move away. Instead, he directly lifted her up into a bridal carry. His expression was sincere as though he was preparing to open his present while he brought her into the bedroom.

Jennie's face was scarlet red the entire time.

There was completely no need for her to explain herself. They had been married for so long. With one glance, he was able to understand the goal behind her outfit, the thoughts she had about it, and just how bashful it made her.

It was slightly dark in the bedroom. Lisa sat down on the bedside and placed her on his lap. He held both her hands, wrapping them up and holding her gently in his palms.

The heat had only just begun to subside from Jennie's cheeks and she immediately began to feel flushed again.

She raised her head for a quick glance at him. She felt that perhaps her outfit made her seem too much like a kitten. In a surprising turn of events, the man did not transform into a beast. Instead, he was gentle and patient, as though he was trying to keep her in his sight until she melted.

Since her clothes were already changed, and the plan of gifting herself to him was already proceeding, it seemed like there was no point in feeling embarrassed.

Jennie closed her eyes and leaned close to peck the man's lips.

Her action caused Lisa to smile. As Jennie was moving back, he held the back of her head to keep her from moving. He gave her an intimate kiss.

"Did you manage to eat during your business meeting?" His lips moved against the corner of hers. His husky voice caused her heart to tremble. Despite all of this, he did not forget to worry about her.

Jennie softly made an 'hm' sound. "I ate."

"Then, it's my turn now."

It took some time for her to react. By the time she fully processed his words, the man had ceased being gentle as he pushed her heavily down onto the bed—

...

When Jennie learned that the floors above her apartment in Hannam Bay actually belonged to Lisa, she was in fact unsurprised.

Perhaps she did not consider it in the beginning. However, afterward, she gradually began to feel that only this person had the ability to conceal himself from her while protecting her. Aspects of their lives were also strangely intertwined. The more she thought about it, the more she began to suspect Lisa. She simply did not dare to confirm her thoughts.

When Lisa and her were preparing to resume their vacation, the residential housekeeper at Hannam Bay sent the clothes Jennie needed over for her. Jennie recognized her from the sixteenth-storey and the answer immediately came to her.