Part 1 - Evelyn

➽──────────────❥

If one word were to describe Evelyn, that would be coffee.

One of her favorite spots to feed this obsession of hers was a charming little café named "Brown Aroma".

Evelyn's feet skidded on the polished tiles as she stepped into the café. The rich aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled her nostrils, as she always liked. Every morning, she would eagerly enter "Brown Aroma", and with a gentle smile on her lips, she would stride over to the counter and order her usual cappuccino. Like she did today, yet again.

With her coffee in her hand, Evelyn settled into a plush armchair near the large windows of the café. There she would easily observe the busy streets, the customers eagerly waiting to get their orders, to start their own day. And yet, she would just sit there, watching their lives unfold in front of her eyes.

Evelyn took a sip of her cappuccino, savoring the warm and velvety taste that awakened her senses. Lost in her own thoughts, she did not even notice the raindrops that were running down the window beside her.

Her attention was drawn to a very tall figure shrouded in a long black coat with a guitar case strapped tightly around his shoulder.

She was neither surprised nor intrigued by him, though. If anything, she was used to seeing him there every day at eight o'clock sharp. He always got a black coffee, and by eight and ten he would be out of the door, and with long strides he would disappear out her view.

But that day, that did not happen. He seemed to be observing the coffee shop as if looking for a spot to sit.

An uneasy feeling filled Evelyn's stomach, since she seemed to always know what every morning had in store for her.

Being a writer, she was always one step ahead of what was happening at that right moment. But clearly, that was not the case in the real world. In real life.

The sound of a chair creaking against the floor pushed her out of her daze. Her gaze traveled up to the man, settled on a table near hers. Her breath was caught to her throat.

He stood taller than she anticipated, with a strong yet lean build. His tousled brown hair fell effortlessly in front of his eyes. Hiding their enchanting ice blue color.

Her phone ringing interrupted her shameless staring. It was her mother, saying her little sister needed her.

The next moment, she was down the road, holding her coat tightly against her, phone in her ear.