15

Chapter 15 Hero Saves Beauty
Seeing that Yuan Ci Xian was willing to settle down, Lu Shi Qing raised his body slightly to reduce her burden, let go of his restraint on her, then took a deep breath, suppressed the discomfort from sticking close with other people, closed his eyes, and listen to the noise outside.

Unexpectedly, in the next moment, a faint wind suddenly sounded in his ears.

He opened his eyes suddenly, and saw a dog’s legs infinitely zooming in, heading straight to his forehead!

It turned out that Xiao Hei, who had been stupidly watching the two people fight, realized something later, and was ready to rescue its master.

Lu Shi Qing breathed tightly, and hurriedly turned his head to hide.

Yuan Ci Xian was also horrified—oh my little darling, such a pretty face, you’re going to commit a crime!

She quickly raised her arm and pushed the dog’s paw away.

Xiao Hei was a loyal dog. Seeing that its master seemed to be crushed happily, it knew that it was in trouble, so it shrank its head and turned its head away, no longer looking at her.

Yuan Ci Xian didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Each one of them were too difficult to serve.

The Huihu didn’t find anything, and after a while they finally gave up and left. The moment the door lock “clicked”, Lu Shi Qing raised his hand and pushed open the lid.

Yuan Ci Xian crawled out, holding on to the edge of the box and panting silently, while staring at him sullenly.

Lu Shi Qing felt guilty for a while when he saw her, turned his back in embarrassment, and lowered his head to continued his business.

Before she came, he was rummaging through the contents of the box.

Yuan Ci Xian was also curious about what was inside, so she immediately shifted her attention and squatted by the side to watch him take out the bundles of silks. When the secret layer was pried open, it turned out to be a pile of brand-new sharp arrowheads.

Lu Shi Qing didn’t seem to be surprised. He took out a piece of black cloth from his chest to rest his hands on, twirled one up and put it under the light to see, and then returned the thing to its original place, closed the lid of the box, and raised his chin to signal her to leave.

Yuan Ci Xian had seen all kinds of arrowheads since she was a child, so naturally she was not attached to them. She jumped out of the back window quietly with him, thinking that these Huihu merchants did a lot of business, but their hearts were also quite thick, actually letting two people and one dog come and go so easily.

After bypassing people’s eyes and ears, away from the slums, and to a wilderness overgrown with grass, Yuan Ci Xian was then able to speak with ease. She squatted down to teach Xiao Hei who had just caused her troubles: “Your surname is Hei (black), you should lose this fat (fei) body, you know? When I return, I will tell brother to reduce your food by two pieces of meat every meal!”

Xiao Hei gave a bitter “woo” sound.

Lu Shi Qing stopped when he heard the sound, and when he turned around, he saw her taking off her veil, grabbed a lump of fur on Xiao Hei’s neck. Her eyes were fierce, her lips, which were as red as her dress, opened and closed, kept blabbering on: “…I know your intentions are good, but do you know that if you want to step on someone, you can’t step on his face? You let Assistant Minister Lu ruin his looks, then how many young ladies in the capital will have to wail like ghosts day and night? This is a crime, and it will not be allowed in the future!”