Chapter 2

A/N: I have big stuff planned for this book and i'm so excited to dive into the different dynamics within the pack!

"I don't want to leave," Nolan whined, his soft blue eyes meeting Brett's icy ones.

The beta smiled, "you need to go to school, I'm still recovering," Brett said.

Nolan slumped, "I should get changed first," he said looking down. Nolan's identity was something that had always confused him, it was never as simple as male/female for him.

He just assumed when he came out as gay that it would make more sense, that it would all come together. But it didn't, matter of fact that only made him more confused.

Brett had been a huge help in Nolan feeling more comfortable within himself. He found himself able to let loose, be himself without the fear of being judged. Gabe had never been like that, he never gave Nolan that freedom.

He had made Nolan question himself even more. Nolan knew that he wasn't 'normal' he knew he didn't like labels either. But after doing some research he was able to finally come to terms with his gender identification.

Brett of course supported him, asking every morning how Nolan felt so that he could use the appropriate pronouns. "How are you feeling today?" Brett asked, catching the sadness in Nolan's eyes.

"Fem, but I'm not going to school wearing this... you won't even be there," he slumped. He never dressed overly feminine, not in public. But Nolan still enjoyed 'feminine colours', especially pastel pink.

Wearing black jeans, a white shirt and fluffy pink jacket he felt good. He felt confident, but not with Gabe on the loose and not without Brett. He wasn't ready for that yet, no way.

"I think you look beautiful," Brett said, lifting Nolan's chin with his finger and placing a kiss upon Nolan's pouty lips.

"Thank you," Nolan smiled, looking down before biting their lip nervously.

"You know you're allowed to feel this way right? It doesn't have to make sense and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks" Brett said in a comforting tone that made Nolan's heart flutter. Nolan was still getting used to hearing Brett call them a her when they felt feminine.

It still felt odd but it felt so right at the same time, Nolan was used to the male pronouns, used to the stereotypes and bullshit.

"They're here, I'll see you after school," Nolan said with a smile, pecking Brett's lips before exiting the home. Backpack in hand, Nolan opened the door to Theo's truck and got into the back.

"I love that jacket," Hayden said, unable to resist touching it.

"Oh shit, I was going to change it," Nolan said with worried eyes.

Hayden immediately shook her head "I love it," she said.

Feeling Nolan's leg tremble beside her she spoke up again, "if you're that uncomfortable with it, you can have my jacket and I can take yours. It's a win win for me," she smiled, Nolan nodded.

Nolan was very appreciative of her, she had always supported him. Nobody but Brett knew that Nolan was Genderfluid, however... they all suspected it was something along those lines. But they didn't make assumptions or spread rumours, it wasn't their place.

Nor was it their business, Nolan knew they could tell them when they felt comfortable in doing so. "Yea please," Nolan whispered, Hayden immediately took off her green cargo jacket and handed it to Nolan, taking their pink jacket in return and slipping it on.

Arriving at the school they got out of the truck, Nolan following Hayden as they walked inside leaving Liam and Theo standing by the truck, "do you think he'll ever tell us?" Liam smiled.