Chapter 7

A/N: this chapter is one of my favourites

"I don't like you," Theo said shaking his head, his eyes meeting the icy blue ones that belonged to the beta wolf.

"I don't like you very much either," Isaac replied, pool stick in his hand.

"Yet here we are," Theo replied grabbing his own pool stick and standing against the pool table.

"For them," Isaac said, they both turned to see Liam and Scott standing across the room in what appeared to be a heated discussion.

"You like him don't you?" Theo asked, his eyes squinting as he tried to read him.

"I did... a long time ago," Isaac replied, putting a coin into the pool table. The balls emptying into the tables opening, allowing them to grab them.

Theo placed them in a perfect triangular shape, "do something about it then," Theo replied walking to the end of the table and lining up his stick.

"He's with the coyote," Isaac replied, his eyes still lingering on Scott. It was true, Isaac did like Scott. Dare he say he loved him, he felt safe with Scott. He had taken Isaac in when Derek threw him aside, he had given him a home and he had given him comfort.

It wasn't hard to fall for him... even Theo knew that. "I think he feels the same way..." Theo said, catching Scott's glance every few moments. Maybe he was still on the fence about Theo being a former murderer, or maybe he was watching Isaac.

Either way, he kept looking over. That was when Theo caught Liam's eyes momentarily flash red, that wasn't good. "I take it their conversation isn't going well-" Isaac said.

"No, Liam's pissed-" Theo replied, practically feeling his anger from across the room. Theo took a step forward but Isaac grabbed his arm, "let them talk, he can handle himself" Isaac said, "he has IED idiot and he's still new to his alpha strength, he needs me." Theo flashed a glare in Isaac's direction.

"He needs to learn to control it himself as well Theo, trust me I understand the urge to protect him, but he needs to learn how to anchor himself as well. You're within eye shot of him, he doesn't need you to go and save him," Isaac expressed.

Part of Theo wanted to smack Isaac across the face and rush over to his little wolf, the other part knew he was right. Liam needed to do this for himself, unless he got out of hand Theo needed to learn to restrain himself.

Taking a deep breath he turned his head, facing the pool table yet again. Lining up his shot he broke the balls, watching as they scattered along the table. Sinking one in the progress he turned to Isaac, "your turn," he said.

He focused his senses, catching a glimpse of Scott and Liam's conversation. "I don't care Scott this is my pack, not yours! You can't just come in here and-" Liam growled but then it was Theo's turn again, Isaac had sunk one ball.

"Stop eavesdropping-" Isaac said making Theo sigh.

"I don't like this, sitting back and playing fucking pool while Scott is probably giving him shit for the way he runs his pack," Theo snarled.

"Scott wouldn't hurt him," Isaac said but Theo was quick to clap back.

"Maybe not physically," he snapped. He knew Scott wouldn't hurt Liam, heck he barely even fought back on the night of the supermoon. But Scott was nastier with his words... the night Theo had killed him the words Scott said still lingered in his head. 'You're barely even human' those words still haunted him, danced through his head when he began to doubt himself...

"I'm going to check on him," Theo said upon seeing Liam push open the bathroom door and storm inside of it.

Isaac didn't even get the chance to stop him. Instead, Scott was walking towards him, "little shit," Scott groaned.