Chapter 5

A/N: I know some of y'all have been missing the Thiam moments and I promise they're coming! I just really wanted to show the other characters backgrounds and POVs as well <3

Liam tossed and turned his eyes still closed as small noises escaped from his mouth. Theo peeked open his eyes to see him, his chemo signals reeking of fear.

Theo made the decision in trying to wake him, he gently shook him "Liam.." he said softly. The alpha's eyes opened and he sat up, looking around until he saw Theo's face and relaxed.

"You're okay.." Theo said taking Liam's hand in his and rubbing circles over his palm. Liam nodded, feeling his heart beat calm down as his frightened eyes met Theo's "do you want to talk?" Theo asked.

Liam shrugged in response, allowing Theo to lay him down. Liam's head was resting on Theo's chest as his hand fisted in the chimeras shirt, scared to let go. "You're okay," Theo said, gently massaging Liam's scalp.

Liam nodded, focusing on his breathing and keeping it steady. Theo's fingers working their magic on his scalp was doing wonders to ground him, keeping him steady and making him feel safe.

"It was just a bad dream..." Liam said making Theo perk up.

"A nightmare?" He asked. 

"I used to get them when I first turned.... this one was different it felt worse," Liam explained, his mind was almost playing tricks on him.

"It can't hurt you now..." Theo replied, but Liam couldn't believe him. 

Not when the nightmare wasn't about someone hurting him, "it wasn't someone hurting me.. that's what scares me", Liam said softly.

"What do you mean?" Theo asked, the more he knew the more he could help his frightened little wolf. 

Liam took in a deep breath before explaining,  "I was watching you all die... I couldn't do anything to stop it" Liam said. His tone was exhausted and his eyes were watery, that was his biggest fear. Losing everyone he cared about, he couldn't handle that. They had already lost too many people, he couldn't stand the thought of losing anyone else.

His whole life people had come and gone, one minute they were his world and the next, they left. Everyone seemed to leave him, abandon him or die. You'd think he would have gotten used to it by now, but nothing ever prepares you for that pain.

"We're safe, nobody else is dying," Theo said, even though he was sure his heartbeat jumped. He had to try to remain positive for Liam despite his own fear of also losing more people in the pack.

This was Theo's chance at a family, the pack had become his family. Corey was like a brother to him, Hayden like a sister, he tolerates Brett, he admires Mason, he was protective of Nolan, he loves Liam and he is working on Isaac.

He didn't want to lose any of them, even Brett.

"I can't lose anyone else," Liam said with a slight shake of his head, he really couldn't. The idea of losing any of them was taunting him, with the hunters back in town it was only a matter of time before shit hit the fan.

Kill or be killed.

Liam knew he wasn't like Scott, he wasn't the same alpha he was. He also knew that being a true alpha if he killed someone he would lose that, but he wasn't about to lose his life either. Or risk losing a pack members life, he would gladly give up his power for that.

"Try to get some sleep, we've got a big day ahead of us," Theo said still massaging his scalp. Liam nodded, rubbing his head against Theo's chest. The sound of Theo's heartbeat was calming to him, it was mostly steady and it's rhythm matched Liam's.