Chapter 16

A/N: This is your warning, this chapter is a bit dark and contains some of the heavier warnings as mentioned in the summary for this book, take care when reading <3

A/N: very small mention of school shooting

"What's up with those two??" Isaac whispered leaning against the wall beside Corey, the chameleon rolled his eye's knowing Isaac was referring to Liam and Theo.

More importantly the fact that the pair were usually attached at the hip, but right now were across the room as far apart as they could be.

"They're on a break, don't be a dick about it," Corey said, not having the patience for Isaac's sass "and no I'm not telling you why, you can ask Liam yourself," Corey finalised with a huff.

Isaac rolled his eyes, he could sense the tension in the room. The way Liam was looking everywhere else except for Theo's direction and the way the chimera would glance at him every so often.

Isaac could tell Liam was the one to call it off, the way Theo's eyes showed hurt everytime he looked towards the alpha. He knew that look, he understood it. Having just come back from spending time with Scott, he remembered what that feeling felt like.

Only this time it had been different, Scott wanted him too. They wanted each other, they were finally working towards something serious. Scott and Malia had come to terms with just being a fling, nothing serious.

Scott admitted he had pushed his feelings for Isaac away all those years ago, still in love with Allison he couldn't bare the thought of loving anyone else. Isaac would be lying if he said he didn't feel the same way, he did.

They both loved her, they cherished her and they were both broken when she died. "You good?" Isaac asked walking towards Theo, ignoring the foot steps of Liam exiting the room.

"Fine," Theo said not wanting to talk, especially about this situation. Especially not with Isaac, he didn't mind him. Sure, the pair trauma bonded and found mutual ground but they weren't as close as him and Corey.

"You can talk to me," Isaac stated, taking note of Theo's tense body language and the way he huffed out, almost as if he was scoffing at the beta.

"He's your brother," Theo grumbled, unable to vent to him. He needed to be consoling Liam, not him. Theo was fine, he would handle it. It wouldn't be the first time he's managed his pain on his own and it wouldn't be the last time either.

"Fine, but I'm here if you need someone," Isaac said, placing a hand on Theo's shoulder momentarily before exiting the room, finding Liam leaning against the kitchen bench. "You good?" Isaac asked, watching Liam shrug.

"I'm fine," Liam said, weary that Theo could be listening in on their conversation. "If you want to play supportive big brother just save it, I don't want to hear it today," Liam said, shaking his head and walking past Isaac.

"What did I do?" Isaac frowned, watching as the angry alpha walked up the stairs. "Go sort him out," Isaac said giving Theo a glare, "he's your ex," Isaac stated.

"He's your brother—" Theo retorted, walking forward and shaking his head "idiot," he added. Deciding he did in fact want to check on Liam, he swallowed his pride and walked up the stairs.

"Liam," he said softly, knocking on his door. He heard shuffling and an exasperated sigh, finally the door opened. Theo noticed the bags under Liam's eyes, the way his skin appeared more pale and the way his lip trembled.

"What do you want Theo?" Liam asked, his tone more exhausted than anything. He didn't look great, he looked defeated. Theo could feel it, he could feel that Liam was hurting.