13.

"Jimin, you can still change your mind," Jin pouted, trying to persuade him. "I mean, you've never really been to a party, and it wouldn't hurt to let loose a bit. Plus, this could be your way of apologizing to me."

Jin sweetened the deal, offering, "I'll do your homework for a whole month."

Jimin chuckled, shaking his head. "Thanks, but I'll pass. I can handle my own homework."

Jin persisted, looking genuinely concerned. "Jimin, just look at me. My mom would go absolutely ballistic if she found out."

Jimin raised an eyebrow, recalling a compromising photo he'd taken earlier. With a mischievous grin, he said, "You know, I have that photo from earlier. If you don't come, I might accidentally send it to her."

Jin's face contorted in a mix of irritation and dread. "No, no, no, no, no. Fine, I'll go."

"Taehyung's outside, let's get moving," Jimin urged, tugging Jin's hand. Jin let out an exasperated sigh. He really wasn't a fan of socializing, especially since he considered himself an introvert. But he had willingly agreed to this, and now he was wondering if he'd bitten off more than he could chew.

After locking up their apartment, they made their way to the car. "Sorry, we're running late. Someone took their sweet time getting ready," Jimin said, clearly referring to Jin. "Whatever," Jin replied with a hint of annoyance. He had a deep-seated aversion to parties, family gatherings, or any event with more than a handful of people.

"You're not the only one lagging behind; Jungkook's also taking his time," Taehyung chimed in with a chuckle, glancing at his watch. Jin groaned in frustration, silently questioning why Jungkook had to come along. Jungkook opened the car door and hopped in. "What's the holdup?"

"I was searching for my cologne, you know, the one you borrowed," Jungkook said with a touch of sarcasm. "Can we please put on some chill music, like Lofi?" Jin requested, prompting a look of disbelief from Jungkook. "No one wants to listen to that. Play some Zico."

"Oh, come on! I'm going to a party; just let me relax with some Lofi to stay calm," Jin shot back. "Exactly, it's a party. Lofi isn't the right vibe for that. Tae, put on some Zico."

"No! I don't want to hear that!" Jin declared, grabbing the aux cord and connecting his phone. Jimin and Taehyung exchanged knowing glances, realizing it might not be the best idea to have them sitting next to each other.

"You can't just control the music for the ride!" Jungkook protested, snatching the cord. "You're so annoying."

"I don't care," Jungkook smirked, and he started playing "New Thing" by Zico, filling the car with music that set the tone for their journey.

Jin rolled his eyes, it was going really well for them not to argue. 

**

They entered and Jin regretted everything. It was your typical high school rager, and Jackson Wang was the life of the party. Neon lights flashed, and the booming bass drowned out all but the most enthusiastic screams.

Jackson played DJ, juggling tracks with a red cup in hand. The playlist? A messy mix of whatever was trendy.

In the backyard, teens clung to each other, drinks in hand. The keg flowed freely, and punch bowls turned into a free-for-all.

The partygoers staggered around, half-drunk and dressed in whatever looked cool. Selfies were snapped left and right, documenting the wild night.

As the night wore on, the chaos escalated. Dance-offs, off-key karaoke, and beer-pong battles raged on. Jackson tried to keep things in check but was too caught up in the party himself.

It was no classy affair; just a high school bash where teens clung to each other, drank like there was no tomorrow, and made memories that would be both blurry and unforgettable. He wanted to leave. 

"Hey there," a guy approached, his voice laced with confidence. "Wanna dance?"

Jin hesitated for a moment, glancing at the lively dance floor. "No, thanks," he finally replied, trying to be polite.

The stranger persisted, leaning in closer. "Come on, in this outfit, you look... alluring." He wore a suggestive smirk that made Jin's discomfort grow.

"Uh, where's the drink stand?" Jin shifted the conversation, eager to escape the stranger's advances.

"The punch bowl has some questionable ingredients. I suggest hitting the bar instead." The guy's arm snaked around Jin's waist, taking him by surprise. Jin let out a nervous yelp as he was guided toward an empty booth.

Awkward glances, stammered words and forced laughter filled the space between them—uncomfortable flirting. The atmosphere was thick with tension, like trying to force together two puzzle pieces that clearly didn't fit.

"Would you like a drink?" the guy asked, sensing Jin's discomfort. Jin managed a nod, trying to maintain his composure. "Water, please," he replied, offering a strained smile.

The guy got up and headed for the bar. Unbeknownst to him, Jungkook had been silently observing the situation. He followed the guy back to Jin's booth, determined to ensure his friend's safety.

When the guy returned with the water, Jungkook seized the opportunity. He grabbed the glass and shoved it into the guy's face, catching him off guard. "What the hell?" the guy sputtered, brushing off his now wet and disheveled attire.

"Nice try, slipping ketamine into someone's drink," Jungkook sneered. Jin's eyes widened in shock. "You tried to drug me? For what?" he asked, his voice trembling with a mix of anger and fear.

"Isn't it obvious?" Jungkook retorted his protective instincts on full display.

"You're sick."

**

As the party drew to a close, Jin had indulged in a bit too much alcohol, causing him to struggle to maintain his balance. "Jin, seriously? Just two drinks, oh god," Jimin said with concern as he helped support Jin's slouching figure.

"I'll make sure he's okay; you look after Tae," Jimin suggested, taking charge of his inebriated friend while keeping a watchful eye on him.

**

A/N: totally haven't been gone for 4 months...c:

jin's fit c: