Surprise

Jay was a little disappointed.  Actually, majorly disappointed.  It seemed like none of the others remembered his birthday this year.  Not even Nya and that one hurt.  A lot.  He was the one that always remembered the others' birthdays.

He spent the last week trying to drop hints about his birthday and they all just brushed it off.  It was kind of like they were ignoring him for every hit he was giving them.  He hated it, but he thought that maybe it was because they had something special planned.  That thought got shattered when he woke up and everyone said that the had somewhere to be leaving him alone in the monastery.  He also tried calling his parents but received no response.

Was it just him or did this seem weird?

Either way, Jay was alone is the monastery on his birthday and to say he was mad at his so-called "friends" was an understatement.

He was livid, but will he tell them.  No.  That's not who he is.  He doesn't hold grudges for long.  He doesn't want to be the kind of person who holds grudges.  Except when it comes to Nadakhan.  That wicked djinn can burn in hell for all he cares.

When the others come back, he will just pretend like today wasn't important.  Like he wasn't hurt that they forgot about him.  It's fine.  Everything is fine.

He just sits on the couch is the monastery and turns on some TV.  He doesn't feel like playing a video game right now like he would normally do when the others aren't in the monastery.  He watches the TV for about an hour when the power decides to go out.  Could today get any better?  He went over to the circuit breaker and used his lightning power to get the monastery's power back up.  It's not that hard, but he didn't really want to do it and that has nothing to do with all of the spider webs that surround that area and his fear of spiders.  Nope.  He also definitely didn't freak out when a spider crawled up his back.  There's a totally different reason that there's now a charred spider on the ground there that looks like it was electrocuted.  It was by the circuit breaker.  It could have been the cause of the power outage.  Right?

Jay was overthinking a reason for the charred spider.  It's not like anyone is going to go over there unless the power goes out again.  No one will probably notice it even then.  It's fine, but the next time he goes over to fix the power, he's armoring up.

He goes back to his spot on the couch and lays down as he watches more TV.  He flicks through the channels because it's the middle of the day and there's nothing good on.  He starts looking through the streaming services they're subscribed to also.  There's a lot of shows and movies that he's liked, but he doesn't feel like watching any of it right now.  He ends up turning the TV off and throwing the remote across the room in frustration.  Why was there nothing good to watch?  He ended up and closing his eyes and falling asleep for a bit.

He was woken up what he believes is probably an hour or two later.  He groaned as he was hoping to sleep longer, but the person that was trying to wake him up had other plans.

"Hey, Jay.  Nice nap."  There was the smiling face of his yang.

"Nya?  What are you doing back?" Jay asked.

"Well, I thought we could do something."

"Oh yeah.  Like what?"

"Just come on.  You'll see when we get there."

"Ok.  Just let me get changed really quick and I'll meet you in the training yard."

"Sounds good."

If he was being honest, he didn't really want to go, but he also didn't want to disappoint Nya.  Also, what he was wearing before wasn't bad, but he just wanted to change into something else.

Once he was done, he met Nya in the training yard where he agreed to.  "Ok.  I'm ready," he told her.  "Where are we going?"

"I told you.  You'll see when we get there," she said.

Jay pouted.  "Why won't you tell me?"

"I have my reasons."  Jay let Nya lead him to wherever she was taking him.  He honestly had no clue where she was taking him until they arrived at Chen's Noodle House (nobody knows why Skylor hasn't changed it to Skylor's Noodle House by now).

"Are you going to tell me what we're doing here now?" Jay asked.

"Let's go inside," Nya suggested.

"That didn't answer my question."

The big light for the open sign was off which was weird since it was around 7:00 by now, so it should be open.  They walked inside and all the lights inside were also off.  Jay could kind of make out the outlines for what looked like possibly balloons and streamers.

A minute later, the lights came on and everyone jumped out and yelled, "Surprise!"  All of the rest of the ninja were there as well as his parents and there other friends.  There were also some people there that he didn't recognize, but he's sure that he's met at some point and by the expression on Nya's face, she doesn't really recognize them either.  They need to just make a list of every single person they have ever met to try to remember everyone.

"How long have you guys been planning this one?" Jay asked Nya.

"Not long," Nya said.

"Really?"

"Ok.  Maybe for the last three months, but do you have any idea how hard it is to plan a surprise party for you?"

"Enlighten me."

"You almost caught us at least 20 times.  Whenever we ordered something for the party, we had to start delivering it here because we didn't realize that you're the one who normally intercepts the mail for some reason."

"I just happen to have a deal with the mailman to meet him at the bottom of the mountain.  He seriously hates us for how much he's had to travel to deliver mail to us."

"Aren't you just a nice guy?"

"I try to be."

"Well, I definitely like it."  Nya pulled Jay in for a kiss which caused cheering from everybody there.  Well, except one.

"Are you two done yet because we don't need more of that."  Of course, it was Kai.

Jay and Nya laughed a little at Kai's statement.  "How about we get this party started?"  There were more cheers as somebody turned up the music and the party really started.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!