Sunset

It's no secret to the others that Kai and Nya had a bit of a rough childhood.  Their parents disappeared and they had to learn to take care of themselves at a young age.  It was hard for both of them and Nya always hoped that things would get better.  She used to always watch the sunset at their blacksmith shop in Ignacia.  It helped to make her believe that life would turn around.  She never understood why it gave her so much hope, but it did.

Little did she know what lied ahead for her.

Her brother became a ninja since he was the elemental master of fire and she became Samurai X because she didn't want saving Ninjago to be a boys only club.  She could help them too.  Then, she ended up finding out that she was destined to become the elemental master of water and therefore, also become a ninja.

Her entire life has been filled with crazy twists and turns that she never saw coming and the biggest surprise was meeting the love of her life.  There was a time that Nya never thought she would meet the person she belonged with, but then she met Jay.  She always knew there was something about him that was different.  Different in a good way.  Some people might have thought the ways he kept trying to woo her was annoying, but she found it cute and endearing.

When they started dating, she was happy.  She had actually been waiting at the time for Jay to ask her out.  (Not like she would ever admit it.)  She didn't care what Kai thought about them dating.  She was pretty sure he wouldn't approve of anyone she dated back then.  Then again, Kai can be confusing on where he stands on Jay and Nya currently.

Nya hated everything that happened between them during that whole perfect match machine debacle.  She was being stupid listening to the damn machine, but at the same time, it seemed a bit like the spark between her and Jay was dying which led to their breakup.

The Nadakhan situation was a real eye opener for her.  She thought a lot while Jay was a prisoner on the Misfortune's Keep.  Lloyd and Cole actually helped her a lot by helping her to talk through her emotions about Jay.  Unfortunately, they don't remember how much they actually helped her to see things clearly.  They helped her realize that dating Jay or not doesn't change how all of them would feel about her and all that mattered was how she actually felt about him.  That resulted in them getting back together and staying together.

Nya was thrilled when Jay asked her to be his Yang.  It was the best moment of her life because that was a promise that Jay would be hers for the rest of her life.  At that moment, she had her friends, her brother, her parents had returned, and now the love of her life had asked her to be his Yang.  What more could she want?

The worst moment of their relationship was when she merged with the sea.  She did it because it was the only way to save Jay's life and she would do it again if need be.  She will always save Jay if he needs it and she knows he would do the same for her.  She lost her memory of him for a bit, but once she regained her memories, she knew she had to get back to him.  She told the other ninja how to get her back and they worked hard to be able to do just that even with the police trying to locate them for breaking Aspheera out.  That is something she will not be able to repay them for.  You know, until she saves their lives again.

She isn't sure exactly why she is reminiscing about their relationship right now.  Maybe it's because they finally feel like they have a moment to breath with no villain at the moment.  Maybe it's because she's looking at a sunset right now which made her think about when she was younger which created a whole chain of thoughts about her and Jay.  The sunset was beautiful and it has been so long since she's been able to watch one with how crazy her life as a ninja is.  She should really try to make more time to be able to watch more sunsets.

"Hey." Nya whipped her head around at the sound of the voice and saw Jay standing in the doorway of the monastery.

"Hey," she said back.

"What are you doing?"

"Just watching the sunset."

"Can I join you?"

"Sure."  Nya patted the spot next to her and Jay sat down.  Nya immediately rested her head on Jay's shoulder.  "Do you ever think about everything that happened that got us to this point?" she asked him.

"All the time," Jay said.

"Even the bad parts?"

"Those parts I try not to think about."

"Do you ever think that there was a reason all of those bad parts happen?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that all the bad stuff that happened has made our relationship stronger," Nya voiced her thoughts.

"I guess that's a possibility, but I like to think of all the good times we've had together.  There's some things that happened around the bad times in our relationship that I just don't want to think of."

Nya knows what he means by that.  Nadakhan being one.  Jay had really bad nightmares for months after that and he still has a nightmare about that djinn every once in a while.  Also, Nya merging with the sea because he blamed himself for her doing that for a while and Kai told her what happened with Jay during that year she was gone, so she doesn't blame him.

They just sat there in silence for a bit watching the sunset.  Nya knew that all she needed was Jay by her side.  No matter what happens she knows that the two of them can get through anything.  Jay is all she needs.

A/N: Sorry this is a day late.  I had a lot of stuff going on yesterday.  I hope you enjoyed!