Dance

Jay has had a great time with Nya in the arcade together lately since he showed her the Dancy Pants game.  She has actually wanted to go with him a lot and it has been great.  Jay also enjoyed the looks on the others' faces when they saw him dancing with Nya in Prime Empire.  A nice little surprise that none of them were expecting.

Nya is the best dancing partner that Jay could ask for and he doesn't mind dancing with her in front of other people.  He also likes it because he likes to imagine the reactions of the people who bullied him as a kid if they see him with Nya.  Oh, how sweet that is.

Currently, the ninja are at a dance competition that Ninjago City is having.  Jay and Nya signed up for and if they win, they planned on donating it to charity.  They had been practicing on Dancy Pants all week to get ready for it.  In this contest, everyone is partnered up and they keep changing the style of dance.  Everyone is on the dance floor together and people are slowly getting eliminated one by one kind of like in Prime Empire.  Unfortunately, like what was said before, they keep changing the style of dance.  That's the difficult part.  They tell them when the style changes, but it could be anything.  From hip hop to ballet.  From tango to salsa.  They even have line dancing at one point.  Everyone just has to keep dancing until there's a winner.

They've already been dancing for over three hours so far non-stop.  The others have been cheering them on the entire time.  Except for the fact that Kai and Skylor signed up to do it also and lasted only 10 minutes before they were eliminated.  It's weird that they have these huge battles against villains yet dancing for hours is so exhausting.  Not that battling villains isn't exhausting, but this feels more so.

There has been a few styles of dance that Nya has not been so comfortable with like swing and when they decided to do tap dance at one point.  Luckily, they provided tap shoes for everyone.  (Seriously, when did Ninjago City get enough money for this whole contest with how much they have had to rebuild the city.  Aren't they in debt yet?)  Jay helped Nya feel alright though when those dances came up and they got through it.  Now, there was only them and three other teams, but there is one style of dance that Jay had been dreading and of course, it had to come up now.

The waltz.

Jay was able to master every other style of dance on Dancy Pants that they would do in this contest, but the waltz has been difficult for him.

Nya looked over at Jay once they announced that the next style was waltz.  "We got this," Nya told him.  She knows that he was struggling with that.  She grabbed his hand as the music started to play.

"Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
And let the music be your guide.
Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance
"

Jay started feeling more confident with how well they were doing and he saw one of the remaining teams get eliminated out of the corner of his eye.

"Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you through it all
And you can't keep us apart (even a thousand miles, can't keep us apart)
'Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance
"

They were getting better and better as the dance progressed and yet another team got eliminated which meant that it was down to Jay and Nya and one other team.  If they could just keep it up until the end, they might win.

"Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide
'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you (like you)
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance
"

The song ends and the music stops, symbolizing that they now have a winner and all Jay could think is it's about time.  He's pretty sure Nya feels the same about that.  Jay looked and saw that the other team is still there at the moment, so they're just waiting until someone tells them who actually won.

Finally, after what feels like forever, an announcer comes onto the stage.  "Now, you're all probably wondering who won," he said.  "The winner is...Jay Walker and Nya Smith."

Everyone cheered and Jay and Nya hugged before going up to the announcer.

"What do you two plan on doing with the prize money?"

"We're going to be donating it to the 'Ninja Kids Charity,'" Nya responded.  "This charity helps kids with severe illness get the medical care they need."

"All of us ninja are involved with this charity," Jay added.  "We've been known to allow some of these kids to become ninjas for a day and make them honorary ninja."

"That is kind of both of you," the announcer said.  "Our winners."

Jay and Nya bowed before heading off the stage to be greeted by the others.

"Great job, guys," Cole said.

"That was some great dancing," Lloyd agreed.

"I've seen better," Kai said.

"We didn't last very long, Kai," Skylor pointed out.

"I didn't even recognize the dance you were trying to do, Kai," Zane said.

"I might," PIXAL interjected.  "I believe that it might be the chicken dance."

Kai walked off angrily with Skylor following him.

"Let's go get a victory dinner," Cole said and the others agreed following him.

Jay and Nya were happy to win, but were happier that they got to share their victory together.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!