Forever

If any of you read my Ninjago Next Generation stories, you should recognize some of the characters.

The love story of Jay and Nya has had a lot of ups and downs and twists and turns, but they couldn't be happier where they ended up with their friends by their side and the family they've created.

"Hey dad?" Alex, Jay and Nya's 17 year old daughter, asked as she sat next to her father on the couch.  Alex inherited the elemental power of water from her mother.  She also has a twin brother, Justin, who inherited the elemental power of lightning.

"What is it, sweetheart?" Jay asked.  Alex has always been a "daddy's girl" and always sought Jay for comfort or when she needs advise.  Nya knows Jay is good for comfort, but doesn't exactly understand why their daughter likes his advise better than hers.  Nya had told Jay her opinion on that before and Jay laughed and reminded her that Justin normally went to her for comfort and advise.

"How did you know that mom was the one?" she asked carefully.  "Like how did you know you guys were meant to be?"

Jay knew why she was asking.  She was dating Max, Lloyd's son.  He was also 17.  Who would've thought that one of Jay and Nya's kids would get into a relationship with Lloyd's kid?  Jay thought they were cute together.  Jay wasn't the overprotective type when it came to his daughter being in a relationship unlike Kai with his daughter (Kai is not that way with his son) and they found out that Cole can be that way with his kids also.  "I guess I just kind of knew," Jay answered his daughter.

"But how did you know?"

"I've kind of been in love with her since I first met her after she was captured by Lord Garmadon."

"Da-ad," Alex whined.  "You've told me the story probably a hundred times by now.  I know what happened."

"Well, I thought it was an important story for you and your brother to know.  Besides, you're the one who asked how I knew your mother was the one.  Why do you ask by the way?"

"It's just.  I really like Max and I think I'm in love with him, but I just don't want to be wrong about my feelings for him."

"Sweetheart," Jay started.  "I know how much you care about Max.  You have had feelings for him since you both were six years old and it has been obvious that he has also had feelings for you.  I can't know exactly how you're feelings because it's your feelings, but I think that you two were made for each other."

"I like to think we were."

Jay wraps an arm around his daughter and pulls her closer to him. She immediately leans into him.  "I trust him.  I know he would never purposely hurt you.  Plus, his father would be very disappointed in him if he did."

Alex wraps her arms around her father.  "I know.  We managed to work past what happened after Emma's manipulation."

"And it made your relationship stronger.  I can't tell you how many times villains made mine and your mother's relationship stronger."

Alex huffs a laugh.  "I'm guessing a lot.  Saving the world on a daily basis will either tear people apart or bring them closer together."

"Or sometimes, it could tear people apart only to bring them back together," Jay pointed out.  "You should know a bit about that that."

Alex sighed.  "Don't remind me."

"There will be a lot of twists in turns that will get thrown your way, but it all depends on how you both handle it and your relationship will either fall apart or grow stronger.  So far, it's been growing stronger and I'm rooting for you two, but if it doesn't work out in the end, that's alright.  I just want you to be happy."

"I know.  Thank you for being such an amazing father."

Jay kissed the top of his daughter's head.  "Thank you for being such an incredible daughter.  Where is your brother by the way?"

"Trying to find a way to get enough money to take Rosie to Disneyland," Alex responded with a small smile.  Rosie, Justin's nindroid girlfriend, one of Zayn and PIXAL's kids, and the new Samurai X.

Jay was a bit surprised by that.  "What made him want to do that?"

"Let's just say that Rosie has her ways of getting what she wants with him."

"I know.  I'll have to talk to him about that."

"Hey," another voice said as they entered the room.  "Why did nobody invite me to cuddle on the couch?"

Both of them looked up and saw Nya there.  "Sorry, mom," Alex apologized as she let go of her dad and sat up.  "I was just talking to dad."

"It's alright," Nya reassured her daughter.  "I was just kidding, but can I have a hug?"

Alex got up from the couch and went to hug her mother.  She might be 17, but she doesn't mind showing her parents how much she loves them unlike her brother who doesn't show it much.  "I'll leave you two alone for a bit and see if I can go find Max."

"You don't have to leave, honey."

"It's fine.  I'll see you both later."

"Maybe we can do a family movie night later tonight?" Jay suggested.  "Just us and Justin like when you two were kids."

"I'd like that," Alex responds with a smile before leaving the room.

Once Alex leaves, Nya takes the spot that Alex had previously occupied and leaned into her husband.  "What did she want to talk to you about?" Nya asked.

"She wanted to know what it was like to know if someone was the right person for her," Jay responded.

"Oh.  She's in that stage now."

"I guess so, but she still has a ways before it reaches marriage."

"Well, I would hope so.  She's only 17.  She at least needs to be an adult before she ever considers that."

"I know and I believe she knows that too.  It's Justin we should be worried about with his relationship.  Alex said he's trying to find a way to get enough money to take himself and Rosie to Disneyland."

Nya started laughing.  "Of course, he is.  I'll talk to him when he comes back."

"How did we get so lucky to have such amazing kids?"

"I guess the universe finally decided to deal us better cards."

"I'm glad for that because this family we created is forever."

"Yeah.  Forever."

A/N: Sorry i'm so late on this.  Life got in the way.  I hope you enjoyed!