Promise

Nya is sitting in the training yard watching the ninja train.  They know now that she's the Samurai X and now she even has a boyfriend.  There's still the serpentine out there, but everything seems to be heading on the right path at the moment.  She hopes that everything will work out and the ninja will save the day and save Ninjago.

"Hey," Jay says as he comes up to her.

"Hey," she says back.

"Are we still on for dinner tonight?"

"Of course."  Nya then notices that the others aren't in the training yard anymore.  She figures she just didn't notice when they finished their training for today.  She doesn't like to show it, but she doesn't really like how the fate of Ninjago rests on the shoulders of her friends, her brother, and her new boyfriend.  "Can you promise me something?"

"What is it?" he asked.

"Can you promise that with every villain you guys might face, you'll always come back to me?"

"I promise."

She knew there was a good chance that promise would be broken, but she also had a lot of hope that he would keep that promise.

***********************************************************************************************

They defeated the Overlord and somehow they were all able to become teachers which Nya has no idea how since they're still teenagers yet here they are.  She's still with Jay, but she feels like they've been growing apart recently and she doesn't know how she feels anymore.  When their relationship first started, it was amazing, but things haven't been so great recently.  She still cares for him deeply, but she doesn't know if their relationship can continue.  She hasn't made a decision yet and she doesn't know when she will.  She just knows that she doesn't want to hurt Jay and she doesn't want him out of her life.

"Everything ok?"  Jay's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she turned around to face him.

"Can you promise me something?"  He nodded.  "Can you promise me that no matter what happens between us, we'll always be friends?"

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Jay asked confused.

"It's just...we don't know what the future holds and I don't want to lose if things take a turn with us."

"You could never lose me."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise."

Nya believed that he really does promise that.  No matter what happens, she believes that he will always be her friend whether she wants him to be in the moment or not.

***********************************************************************************************

Nya hates everything that has been happening recently.  She hates Nadakhan.  She hates how he tortured Jay.  She hates that it's her own fault that it happened because she was being so selfish.  Ever since that stupid perfect match machine, she's been so selfish.  She's toyed with Jay's feelings towards her and he's been such a loyal friend to her the whole time.  She knows that he made him make that promise, but she wouldn't have blamed him if he broke it.  That's what she deserved, but no, Jay has to be loyal.

Now, she stuck here in this lighthouse with him.  The rest of their team is gone.  It's just the two of them.

She heard footsteps coming into the kitchen.  She was currently trying to make dinner for herself and Jay.  "You should be resting," she said.

"You don't need to worry about me, Nya," Jay told her, trying to sound reassuring.  "I'm fine."

She turned around to face him and saw that he was now sitting down at the table.  "Yes, I do.  I've seen the way you were limping and I saw the bruises when you took off your gi for a moment back at the police station even though you though I wasn't looking."

"It's just a few bruises."

"It's not just a few bruises!" Nya snapped.  "Nadakhan did that, didn't he?  Be honest."

"No, it wasn't Nadakhan.  Ok, maybe a couple were.  The majority of them were from the crew of Misfortune's Keep."

Nya took a deep breath to try to control the anger rising within her.  "That wasn't right.  The torture.  It wasn't right."

"I deserved it after lying to you guys just because I wanted you to love me.  That was wrong of me."

Nya sat down across from Jay and put her hand on top of his.  "But you didn't deserve what they did to you.  Can you promise me something?"

"What?"

"That we'll start being more honest with each other."

Jay nodded.  "I think I can promise that."

"Good.  I promise that too.  Now, how much pain are you actually in?"

"A lot," Jay admitted honestly.

"Then, you need rest as much as possible to be able to last in a fight when Nadakhan finds us."

Jay nodded again.  "Ok."

Nya finished making dinner for Jay and ate it with him at the table before helping him back to the lighthouse's bedroom to allow him to rest.  She knows he'll keep this promise and she just hopes that she can keep her promise too.

***********************************************************************************************

There was an important promise that both Jay and Nya made to each other and that was when Jay asked Nya to be his yang.  It was important promise that symbolizes they will get married some day and Nya knows that will happen.  She doesn't know when, but it will.

"Can you promise me something?" she asked when they were alone after the fight where he asked the question was over.

"What is the promise this time?" Jay asked.

"That our marriage won't happen in the middle of some battle like when you asked me to be your yang.  That it'll be a happy day when our lives aren't in danger."

"That'll be a harder one, but I promise.  I won't let any villain ruin our wedding day."

"Good."  It'll probably be a while until their wedding day, but she knows that Jay will do everything he can to make sure their wedding is perfect.

***********************************************************************************************

After everything they've been through recently with Nya's supposed "death" only for her to come back, Nya knows one thing that she wants more than anything and it's that she never wants to be separated from Jay ever again.  Nothing good ever comes of them being separated from each other.

Which is why there's one thing she needs to ask him when they're laying down together in Jay's bed.  "Can you make me one more promise?"

"Of course," Jay said.

"Can you promise me that we'll never be separated ever again?"

"I promise.  I never want to ever be separated from you ever again."

"Neither do I."  Nya hugged Jay as tight as she could, never wanting to let him go.  He's kept all of his promises so far except the wedding one, but that's because they haven't been able to have their wedding yet.  Unfortunately, there's something telling her that this promise will be one that he won't be able to keep.  She really hopes she's wrong.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!