《New Start》

Prompt: Last part of "Forgotten Memory".

(Since yall wanted for them to have another child and a happy ending, here it is 😭)

(TW: Slight Trauma)

Parent AU

No one's POV

Dream came home one day to see George sitting on the couch, holding his phone.

"Hi, George," he spoke out, showing his presence.

George looked up and flashed him a smile that didn't look genuine.

Dream watched how his expression quickly changed when he faced back down on his phone.

"Hey," he sat next to George, "what's wrong?"

George slowly showed him his phone, which showed a picture of when he requested the doctor to take a picture of them with the bear years ago.

"It's like she's still here," he choked out and sniffled.

Dream became sympathetic for him, before he offered him in a loving hug; George gladly accepted it.

A few months ago, he asked him if he wanted to do anything after the loss.

George told him that he missed having someone small and delicate to hold and take care of.

But that didn't mean he wanted to be sexual with Dream again, at least for now. Since, he's still moving on.

And Dream respected his decision.

That's why he asked him something, "Hey, George?"

George looked up with a few tears spilled, "Yeah?"

"What do you think about adopting?"

George's eyes widened a bit, as he retracted himself from Dream to wipe his tears away, "What?"

"Well," Dream explained, "We- we don't have to, but what if we just see if we can find someone to take care of?"

George repeated the question in his head. He wasn't sure about Dream's idea.

"George?" Dream broke him out of his thought, "We don't have to, if you don't want to really-"

"Sure," George cuts him off, "But- maybe we should first go look if there's any near adoption centers?"

Dream stared at him for a brief period, then smiled, "Of course,"

That's how they both spent some of their time a few days later, finding adoption centers online.

Dream found one near them that was 30 minutes away.

He showed it to George, but for some reason, he received a not too happy look.

"Dream? We're just going to look there first. We're not gonna adopt, yet right?" George asked.

Dream looked at him, "Well- yeah,"

"Okay..." he whispered.

Time skip to a week later, when they decided to visit the adoption center.

Dream was waiting for George in the car, because he told him he needed to get something real quick.

When he came back and opened his car door, he was holding something in his hand, before he sat down and buckled in; it was a purple bear George took from one of the plushies in the nursery.

"Why do you have that?" Dream pointed at it.

"Uhm," George looked down, fiddling with its' bow, "I dunno. I just want to, I guess. Why? Do you want me to return it back-"