Chapter 19 : Trying Here

Luke's P.O.V.

I hate it I try to do everything. I also stay the way I am and make sure she is okay. But she is right about having fun. I can't though. I don't want her doing something stupid or the both of us. After it happens I don't want her to hate me. Then again she hates me probably because I don't have fun with her.

Well every time I'm with I feel better about everything even though she doesn't want me around or she just hates me. I'm not going to stop. I don't care how long it takes. I wake up from the couch. I wake up from Elena. I get up and go check on her.

''Hi baby did you have a good sleep?'' I ask her even though she's not going to actually tell me. I pick her up and sit down in the rocking chair. I rock her. She looks at me. She smiles. She has Katherine's smile. Beautiful.

She starts to make noise. It makes me smile from that. ''What?'' I ask her. She puts her hands in the air. I put my finger out. She grabbed it. My finger is so big compared to hers. He little hands are so soft.

She starts to cry again. I rock her more but she doesn't stop. She starts to feel wet. So I grab a diaper and a clean pair of clothes. I lay her on the changing pad. I don't exactly know how to do this. I had to call my mom for help.

Me: Hi mom can you help me with something?

Mom: Yeah sure what's wrong?

Me: How do you change a diaper?

Mom: Okay first take off the diaper?

Mom: Then clean her with whips, then put a new one on.

I do exactly what my mom says. I thought it would be a lot worse but it's not that bad to be honest. I put a daddy's girl shirt on her and shorts. I think I did a pretty good job. I grab some food out of her container that my and the guys decide to put it in. I grab a bottle and get some warm water from down stairs.

When I went down there they are all still sleeping on the couch. After I get the warm water I go back up there. Put the formula in and shake it up. After I'm down with that I pick her back up a feet it to her.

She drinks it fast. I decide to sing to her. Tonight we're fading fast I just make it last, If I could say the things I want to say, Tonight we're fading fast, I just wanna make the last If I could say the things I want to say I'd find a way too make you stay I'd never let you get away...

As I watch her while I sing I start to notice her fall asleep. There's no more food in the bottle she's just sucking on it. I pull it away and put her back in her crib. As I turn around I just to see Katherine standing there.

''How long have you been standing there?'' I ask her. ''No that long I heard you sing to her.'' Katherine says. ''You're good with her.'' Katherine says before I could say anything else.

''Thanks.'' I tell her. We both walk out the room. As we walk down the stairs I ask her ''What was last night all about?'' I can't stop thinking about that. ''What do you mean?'' She asks. ''You got on top of me and started kissing me.'' I tell her. ''I don't know what you are talking about.'' She says looking over at the mess in the living room. I look over there too.