7-Syoya

"You can open your eyes now!"

Syoya was doing jazz hands underneath a restaurant sign.

"Yay food!" You clapped your hands excitedly. You both loved to surprise each other so you had a game going where you would both try to find the best place to eat and each month the winner got to request something from the loser.

This time he had taken you to a niche trendy restaurant that now that you looked at him properly, his outfit matched the decor of the place perfectly. It was a pastel coloured place with fuzzy features everywhere.

"This place kind of reminds me of the set for New Smile." You tell him as you touch a fuzzy spot on the wall after the waiter showed you the private area where your table was.

"Yeah, I really liked that touch." He smiled, "and you my dearest picky eater, you're going to love this menu."

"I can't wait to see if it's going to beat my restaurant choice." You smile back before picking up the menu.

The menu looked so good that you had a hard time deciding but eventually both of you choose different options. Syoya ordered two entrees to share in the end, because you had a hard time deciding.

The food came fast and you both tucked in while chatting. You never seemed to run of things to talk about with him and even silences were comfortable. All those qualities had bumped him up to best friend level in no time.

"For dessert, can I pick it for us this time?" Syoya asked seriously.

"Oh a bold move!" You joked "Go on then surprise me." You smirk and place your hands under your chin.

"If it blows your mind, does it mean I win?" he feigned pondering while smirking.

"Yeah it can, but don't put the cart before the horse Syoya." You stick out your tongue.

He immediately pulled a derpy face "Maybe I'm the one pulling the cart. "
You both end up cackling until the waiter came for your order, which Syoya hid from your view.

"Do you already know what you are going to ask for if you win?" He asked after the waiter left.

"Yeah, I have an idea and you?"

"I have one too." He winked.

"Oh la la I can't wait to taste this decisive desert then Kimata."

Syoya just shrugged and pursed his lips while waiting.
The shared desert plater he ordered looked amazing, it was all your favourites, plus some new extras."

He took a spoon of a cheesecake and held it out to feed you with a knowing smile. "Say ahh."

You roll your eyes to ignore the intense way his lovely brown eyes were staring at you but open up.

The minute the cake hit your tongue, you knew you had lost.
"Damn it Syoya, this is amazing!" You said with your mouth full.

He puffed out his chest slightly "Of course it is!" he held out another spoon for you and your mouth opened automatically. He skillfully balanced talking and feeding to the point where you only realised that he hadn't really eaten much of it himself, when it was almost finished.

"Syoya try this one." You picked up a chocolate cream stuffed profiterole for him.

"Thanks. " He took a bite but some of the cream ended up on your fingers. "Opps, let me fix that." he ate the rest of the pastry and began to lick your fingers. You began to blush but you weren't uncomfortable so you stayed there. At the last lick he made eye contact with you and you both stayed watching each other for awhile before he cleared his throat, realising what he was doing.

"Sorry, it seems my cat Wasabi took control of me for a moment."

You nodded, "It's okay."

He shifted in his seat, trying to cut through the new tension. "You've finished most of the desert now, so can we agree that I win?" He smiled.

You laughed "Yes okay, you win this month. What do you want from me?"

Syoya breathed out and reached over to hold your hand. "I want you to be my girlfriend."

You looked back at him, surprised.

"Well that is only if you want to, of course. I'll think of something else if you don't want to, it's fine..." He started rambling nervously and trying to let go of your hands so you wouldn't feel how clammy his were getting. You held on to his hands tightly.

"Wait Syoya, it's fine, I would be happy to be your girlfriend."

"What? Really? Yay!" He blushed but couldn't hold back his bright smile that your face also mirrored.

"Can I kiss you?" He went even redder if it was possible making you also get more embarrassed.

"You can. " Syoya reached over to you in an instant and kissed you. His lips were soft and tasted like the chocolate cream. The kiss was short but it cleared your mind and left you feeling that being with him was the most natural thing.

His eyes searched your face to see your reaction. "I love you." he whispered touching foreheads.

"Too short."

"What?" The comment you let slip baffled him.

"That kiss was too short." You smile shyly. He kissed your lips once more, then again, deeper.

"Let's go back to your place and I'll give you more." He winked before pulling you up to go pay the bill.

After paying, you headed to your apartment swinging hands, excited for what the future held for the both of you.

What would you ask from him? 😜