Chapter 24: Side Activities #1

Y/N's PoV

After yesterday from returning to Onabridge from that dreaded Crimson now that I have managed to solve the issue by saving any surviving members of that squad from the Fatui with all the help from Naofumi and his party. Even if one of the dangerous monsters being that disgusting brain thing, the crimson still continues to be a threat regardless...

Not to mention I am thinking about that stranger traveler from Inazuma turned out to be another Fatui Harbinger calling himself The Balladeer, rather Scaramouche when Rudov warned me about him. Who would've thought he was one of them and showed his true colors to be a ruthless scary individual. Dunno what would happen if I actually try fighting him...

Nonetheless... I parted ways with Naofumi and we will see each other one day. Think I should take some leisure time and take a break from adventuring for today, it will be nice to relax once and awhile. I have heard a good Soda bar with a large variety of soda. There are rumors of a main attraction going on, I'll be craving for some Root Beer Float right now.

I've arrived at the place called UltraPop Bar, catchy name. I enter the place and the interior definitely screams 80s due to the decorations, the furniture and other sorts that feels like it is the 80s. I'm amazed with the looks of this place so I walk over to the bar counter to speak with the owner.

It's owned by a woman that is dressed up in some goth make up due to the black eyeliner and black lipsticks. A spiked choker and black hair with a hair style that covers only one eye, I did notice she has a ponytail. she's currently cleaning the counters and takes notice of me.

Ultrapop Owner: "Welcome to Ultrapop Bar. I'm Starr, what can I do for you?"

Y/N: "Nice to meet ya, name's Y/N L/N."

Starr: "Heard some good things about you. Must be some sort of hero for Adventurer's Guild, always nice to meet one. Anything I can get you."

Y/N: "What variety of soda do you have? Heard Ultrapop has amazing inventory on whatever pop I can order."

Starr: "Oh we got plenty of flavors and type of soda you want. There is also food if you're hungry."

Y/N: "I'll have a Root beer float. Maybe bring some fries alongside it too."

Starr: "Coming right up."

Waiting for some time pass for Starr to serve up my order, she places the root beer float and fries on the table. I take a sip of the root beer float through a straw, goddamn! This is the best root beer float I have ever tasted in my life. Feeling the urge to keep on drinking with a couple more sips before I stop.

Starr: "Looks like you enjoyed the drink, eh?"

Y/N: "Yup. This is the best Root Beer float I've ever had. Where did you learn to make stuff like this?"

Starr: "Learned alot from my father when he used to run this place back then. He retired and I decided to take over the family business for him to keep the place going, need all money I can gather to keep the family fed and have a roof over the head."

Y/N: "Must be nice to keep the place going."

Starr: "It is part of my family's legacy. Not only the soda is the main attraction, the real deal is Karaoke."

Y/N: "Karaoke?"

Starr: "Yup. People mainly come here for not only the drinks, rather for the singing to show off their performance. You'll be surprised that some people have a talent for vocals to entertain the crowd."

Y/N: "Interesting, I could give it a try."

Starr: "You definitely can. It's only 1,000 Mora per song."