Chapter 1

Saturday 4/29/17
12:18 pm
San Diego, CA

Saturday 4/29/1712:18 pmSan Diego, CA

Alycia

"Lycia can you take me to the basketball court please?" My little brother Mikey asked as I was washing dishes leftover from breakfast that I cooked.

"Yea sure, give me a second." I told him, he excitedly ran off going to get his basketball

He loved playing basketball ever since he was 10 so every other weekend I'd take him to the basketball court down the street.

I was basically a second mother to him, our mother was too sick to do extra activities with him so I stepped up.

Yea I have two older siblings that are fit to take care of him like I am but they have their own problems, all of us do.

Cardi took Henny under her wing and I took Mikey under mine. I loved taking care of him, he's so nice and sweet.

I'd do anything for him no matter what it was, I look at him like he's my actually son.

Our dad is sometimes barely around because he has to pay the bills by himself.

I offered to help but he never takes it, most of the time I give him half of what I make and deposit it into his bank account without him knowing.

If you're wondering, no, I don't have a real job. I sell drugs here and there but most of the time I get my money from free styling on the street.

I've battled a lot of people and I've beat most of everyone, I just never took the time out of my day to actually spit on a beat.

It's mainly because I don't have the money for studio time.

The extra money I have after giving half to my daddy, I give half of it to Mikey so he can keep up with his basketball career and not have to worry.

I know I'm playing a dangerous game but it's only to help my family, after they're up and running like before my momma got sick then I'm going to stop.

"You ready Mikey?" I yelled to him as I dried my hands off with a paper towel.

"Yes, I'm coming." He yelled back, a few seconds later he walked into the kitchen with his Nike gym bag hanging on his shoulder.

See, one thing about it and two things for certain, imma always have my baby in name brand stuff no matter what it is.

"Come on baby," I walked outside with him trailing closely behind.

"Did you figure out which college you wanted to go to yet?" I asked walkin on the sidewalk that was closer to the road.

"No. It's between Lake Norman Christian or SDSU," he shrugged and I nodded.

"I might go to a community college if dad still doesn't have the money," he sadly said and I sighed.

He always does this, he knows that we're low on money so he tries to push his career aside and help out.

"Mikey, I got it. Don't worry about the money, pick any college you wanna go to and y'all go there. I believe and have faith in you so imma make sure you straight no matter what," I assured him and he nodded.

"What about you?" He glanced at me then back at his feet.

"What about me?" I asked confused.

"You have an opportunity to be rich but you always pass it up," he explained.

"If I could then I would, I can't afford studio time right now."

"If you stopped trying to take care of me and give me money then you would. You always give, give, give but you never receive," he said and I sucked my teeth.

"Don't worry about what I do with my money, if I wanna spend it on you I can. I'll get to where I wanna be someday but for now on just worry about your career," I explained.

"I love you Lycia," he gave me a big hug.

"I love you more Mikey," I hugged him back.

"How long do I have?" He asked walking into the gates of the basketball court

"As long as you want, don't worry about me I'll be fine." I assured him, he nodded joining his friends as I sat on the bleachers.

_________________________________
How was the first chapter?

Should I change anything?

Check out my first book

_