Chapter 13

Tuesday 6/2/17
10:58 am
San Diego, CA

Tuesday 6/2/1710:58 amSan Diego, CA

Alycia

"Aye let's go," Horace rushed me as I was taking forever to get ready.

"Nigga shut the hell up," I rolled my eyes as I slipped my shoes on.

"Who's all even coming?"

"Don't worry bout it. Grab ya book and let's go," he rushed me.

I sucked my teeth grabbing my journal making sure to grab snacks for Mikey knowing he gets hungry fast.

"Shit hold on," I ran back to my room grabbing the small book bag that held the rest of Kentrell's money.

I had a feeling he was gon be there, I needed my purse back for my graduation so I hurried up and got the rest of his money together.

"Finally," Horace sucked his teeth once I ran outside and got into his car.

I huffed outta breath sitting the bag on the floor between my legs.

"What's dat?" He tried to grab my bag so I smacked his hand away.

"Is Ken already there?"

"Yea, she couldn't follow da orders I gave ha so I had ta come back and getchu."

•••••••••••••

"Lemme hold ya hand," he reached for my hand as we walked off the elevator.

"No, I'm good." I walked ahead of him about to open the door but was rudely pushed outta the way.

He opened the door then walked in looking back to make sure I was behind him.

"You never had'a do allat," I squinted my eyes at him.

"Too bad, I did." He shrugged not caring going to sit down beside the audio engineer.

"Chunkkk," I heard Ken squeal as she ran over to me.

She jumped into my arms causing both of us to fall on the floor, I laughed hugging her back.

"A heads up would've been nice," I said looking at her as she got up.

"That's why you stay ready," she shrugged helping me up.

"What's this?" She pointed to my book bag.

"The rest of Kentrell's money," I whispered in her ear and she smiled big.

"I'm so glad that's over with now you can actually have fun," she said with excitement written all over her face.

"Alycia ya ready?" Horace asked and I nodded.

"I guess you just fa'got bout us didn't you?" A pit bull looking nigga asked Horace.

"Oh shit my bad, ya could've said sum ta ha without me introducing y'all again." Horace pointed out walking over to me grabbing my hand.