(3) -When I was an Itsy Bitsy Spider-

Hunter and Luz quickly follow behind just in time to hear the tour guide explain the overview of the museum

"This is the world's largest controlled experiment on the genetics of spiders." The tour guide tells the class as they pass through the laboratory's public exhibit area, "Genus Araneae. There are over 31,000 spider species on the planet."

"32,000 actually." Luz corrected the tour guide. The young man adjusted his glasses and focused on Luz as if it was a way of warning her to not speak again.

Luz sheepishly shrunked down and looked away nervously, after a couple minutes of silence the tour guide continued. He directed the school towards a microscope to which Luz steadied her camera and took a picture of it.

"Did you know this is the Eastern Seaboard's most powerful electron microscope?" Luz said,
Hunter looks at her in disbelief.

"How do you know these things? I can barely keep up with my biology class work." Hunter said.

"I've always been intrigued in science, especially biology. But for some reason spiders have always seemed appealing to me." Luz explained.

Hunter smiles softly then directs his attention towards a certain girl. "Hey, Isn't that Amity?"

Luz follows his line of sight and sees Boscha and Amity talking. Amity looks irritated, her hands curled around her arm, and she has a look on her face Luz can't place. Perhaps it's discomfort? Maybe it's annoyance...or guilt.

"This is the Delana spider," The guide went on to say, pointing to a glass tank in front of them. "In order to catch its prey, it can jump distances many times its own size."

As if on cue, the spider responded by leaping more than six inches across a piece of wood in its tank.

Students gasp in awe. Luz is impressed. She fumbles with her camera before holding it up. "For the school paper?" She says with a sheepish smile.

The guide nods at her and continues on.

*click*

Luz concentrates on the brown spider, which is now sitting in the terrarium's corner, hoping to capture a decent picture of it. Boscha shoves her from behind just as she tries to take a closer picture of the spider.

"Asshole." Luz whispered under her breath.

Boscha quickly turned around and gave a questioning look towards Luz. "What was that?" She said as she crossed her arms, "Repeat what you just said."