22*

We finally arrived in Rieti that evening after long hours of driving.

I'd memorised the route from the entrance to Rieti, to where we were staying. We drove through the narrow streets, illuminated by street lamps in the darkness of the night.

"This place is beautiful." Iris sighed, looking out of the window at all of the little shops and cute houses.
"Where are we gonna stay though? We've been past a couple of hotels already." She asked thoughtfully.

"I got it covered, don't you worry." I hummed, focusing on the road so I didn't mess up the route.

When we got closer, I grabbed one of my ties that I'd stashed in the door of the car, giving it to Iris.

She shot me a sceptical look, taking the tie hesitantly.

"Tie it over your eyes." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I said so." I replied firmly.

She made no further protest, tying the material securely around her head.

"Can you see?" I checked.

"Not a thing." She breathed.

When we arrived, I parked the car in the drive, hopping out and running around to Iris' side to help her out.

I got a text from the seller saying to meet her inside, so pushed Iris back down into her seat.

"Hey! What was that fo..." I cut her off as I pushed my lips against hers.

"I need you to wait here for a sec, I'll be right back." I said, standing up to leave.

"Can I take the blindfold off?" She asked hopefully.

"Nope" I said, popping the p and chuckling as she pouted, crossing her arms over her chest and sulking.

I ran up to the house. It was even more beautiful than I expected, Iris was gonna absolutely love it.

After speaking to the woman, and receiving the keys, I hurried back to the car, not wanting to leave Iris waiting for too long.

"Hey! Come on Sweetheart" I said, grabbing her wrists and pulling her out of the car. I wrapped my arm around her waist and guided her towards the house, bringing her through the front door.

"Ok, you can look now." I said, somewhat nervous of what her reaction was going to be.

"Finally!" she sighed, pulling off the blindfold.

I watched eagerly as her eyes adjusted to the light, brightening as a wide smile spread across her beautiful face.

"This is where we're staying?" She squealed excitedly.

"Yeah. Do you like it?" I asked nervously.

"Like it? I love it! Look at the cute lamps and the furniture and the colours! It's amazing! I can't believe you organised this for us and I didn't even know!" she exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug.

I had never in my life been a hugger, but Iris' hugs made me feel warm and safe, and I found myself craving them more and more.

"You haven't even seen the best part." I grinned, dragging her out back to the garden.

It was gorgeous, lit up beautifully by the dim lamps and pretty fairy lights. There were sunbeds already out there, and a canopy area with a table and chairs. It was like a scene out of an old movie, absolutely perfect.

"A pool? With fairy lights?" Iris practically jumped up and down in happiness.

"You listened to what I'd said? About my dream! I love it Natty! And I love yo... - That you did this for me." she said, hugging me again tightly and kissing my cheek.