Chapter 6

___LUCY___
Natsu talked me into riding with him. We sat in a comfortable silence, Plue in my lap looking out the window.
"I have a question," Natsu broke the silence, giving me a side glance. "Who was the call from?" I blinked, what was I supposed to say?
"A-an old friend," I gave a fake smile.
"As in the old friend who gave the roses?" He asked.
"Yeah!"
"You do realize, I've been trained tell when people are lying, right?" He smirked.
"I-I'm not lying," Damn, he saw straight through me!
"Stuttering, a classic example. You've been stuttering since I brought up the call. But before, you didn't seem to stutter."
I looked out the window. How was I supposed to explain all this to someone I barely knew?
"At least tell me why and what exactly are you getting away from," Natsu tapped on the steering wheel.
"My friend told me to get out of the apartment for awhile.. said it would be best if I got some fresh air. Especially after the whole 'getting shot' thing," I said, Natsu gave a small nod. He pulled into a small parking lot for a fairly good sized building.
There was a large sign painted neatly with big letters that said Fairy Tail. The building was a brilliant yellow, the rooftop a dark brown. A nice, white deck ran all the way around the house, a couple of benches and rocking chairs placed here and there. Numerous types of flowers were planted. Over all, it was cozily wonderful.
"Welcome to Fairy Tail. You like it?" Natsu snapped me out of my daze, I could only nod. "Good. Now let's go find Gray, tell him you are alive and that you're staying here!" He said, grinning like an idiot. We got out of the car and waked to the door, Natsu holding it open for me.
The lobby was huge. tables and booths sat all around. A bar was on the right. A couple of people sat around eating reading or just talking. As soon as the door opened everyone looked toward us. I blushed and shuffled a bit closer to Natsu.
"What did we say about bringing around your lil' girlfriends, Natsu?" A young man said, the rest of the people erupted into laughter. I blushed even more.
"Ha ha, hilarious. Where's Gramps?" Natsu said sarcastically.
"Wow, getting serious already?" By this point, I was red as a cherry.
"I'll find him myself." Natsu grumbled, graving my hand and dragging me away. We walked past a large corridor filled with doors and to a small hallway with five doors. Natsu dragged me to the last one and opened it.
"Gramps?"
"Ah, Natsu, come in!" An old voice said.
"There's someone I'd like you to meet."
"Natsu, if it a girl, I swear I will-" 'Gramps' grumbling stopped when he turned around. a smaller old man sat in an over sized chair.
"Is this the girl?"
"Yup," Natsu grinned with pride.
"Why is she here?"
"She needed a place to stay. But don't worry, we went in my car." Gramps sighed and jumped off his chair, instantly disappearing behind the desk. he was smaller than I thought.
"Welcome to Fairy Tail, Lucy. Enjoy your stay, I trust Natsu can tell you where to go, what to do, and he can tell just exactly what Fairy Tail is," gramps smiled.
"Like all of it?"
"Yes Natsu, all of it. she is apart of this now." gramps pinched the badge of his nose. With that, we left.
"So, tell me. What is this 'Fairy Tail."
"I'm so glad you asked."