Chapter 4

After two weeks in the hospital, I was finally emitted. I spent most of my time sleeping, the medication I had been put on made my mind foggy.
Gray decided to stay longer, constantly stopping by to make sure I was okay. Sometimes he would bring a young woman named Erza with him, sometimes he would bring Natsu. It was nice to have company.

___GRAY___
Natsu and I sat in boredom as Erza droned on. She had called us to a small coffee shop on Maine Rode.
"... So Master and I have been doing the best we can to figure out why exactly Lucy was the target," she continued. A young waitress came and took our orders.
"Yes, and?" Natsu inquired. Erza gave him hard glare.
"We figured out the Lucy's father is Jude Heartfilia-"
"Isn't that the guy we were looking for?" Natsu sat back in his chair as the waitress came with our stuff.
"If you will wait and listen, I was about to get to that.." she gave another glare. "Heartfilia's are known for their large variety of business. They a own a fashion company, a few exclusive restaurants in Magnolia, a railroad company, and a strip mall down in Era as well. They also are known to be associated with the mafia." Erza laid a folder down on the small table and sipped her coffee. I picked up the folder and flipped through it. There were a few pictures of Lucy and father, others of the companies and stores they owned. Natsu leaned over and looked at the photos.
"Wait so if Lucy is his daughter, why don't we just ask her where he is?" I asked, looking up.
"Well do you wanna ask?" Erza raised a brow. I shook my head. Lucy didn't like being asked about her dad.
"Doesn't matter, she won't know," we both turned to Natsu. He only shrugged.
"What do you mean?" Erza leaned forward.
"The letter," he said simply. I rolled my eyes. "Jude said he was saying goodbye and I doubt he would tell her where he was going and risk her following." he finished, giving me a look of pride.
"That... surprisingly makes sense," Erza said.
"There's just one thing I don't get.." he mumbled. "He said he was giving her something, and there was a small jewelers box on the table that was empty, but she wasn't wearing any jewelry."
"Maybe she put it in a jewelry box," Erza suggested. Natsu only shook his head.