⌗ xiao.

" call me. "

— ✦ —

the streets were illuminated with the dim moonlight as you walked towards the inn. " hello, is he here? " verr just smiled at you, and nodded. she was familiar with you, recognizing you as one of the adeptus' cherished people.

" thank you! " you thanked her, walking upstairs. excitement filled you, thoughts of getting to see him remained in your mind. " xiao? "

" you called? " he asked with a monotone voice, approaching you. " I missed youu. " you hugged him, as he soon warmed up to it awkwardly. " you did great today, hehe. I'm proud of you. " he smiled softly, as your eyes sparkled just seeing him smile. the adeptus' suffering pained you, so as much as possible you made him feel loved.

to show you were there, waiting for him everyday. in his eyes, you were his sunshine and he was your midnight rain. but often at times, he thinks he isn't worth your time. you were like a soft cloud, a dream that'll one day just disappear. and though he wouldn't admit it, he was afraid.

afraid that he'll be the one to end this whole thing. he'll lose you, and you'll lose him. " xiao? " you called. he hummed in response, turning to you. " will you come save me when I'm in danger? " he paused for a moment, thinking of his answer carefully.

" when that time comes, call out my name. I'll be there when you call. "

— ✦ —