⌗ aether.

“ it's on me. ”

🖇️: modern, bar au !

📢: characters are aged up.

— ✦ —

“ evening, usual? ” the blond, long haired male asked as you sat down on the seat right infront of the counter. “ yep. ” you just laughed, by the times you came to the bar for a quick stress relief from your work, aether finally memorized your orders.

aether diligently worked on your drink, mixing stuff here and there. “ here. ” he placed your drink on the counter, pushing a plate of lemon squares with it. “ what are these for? ” you asked, picking up one of the baked treats. “ freebies? what else? ” he joked, turning around.

“ you seem really tired so like, I just made something to cheer you up. ” he whispered, his voice was a little faint, though you still managed to hear it. “ thanks. ” you smiled, taking a bite of the treats that aether made.

the flaky lemon square was a little sour, though also sweet. it complimented your drink very well, so it didn't take too long before you finished everything. “ aether, thank you. how much is everything? ” you asked, getting your wallet. “ hm? oh, don't worry. I paid for it already, it's on me. ” he turned around and smiled, answering your question.

“ but- ” “ no buts. ” he cut you off, offering a warm smile. “ I know how tired you've been lately. Actually, one of your co-workers went here this week, they mentioned about the company's current busy state.”

“ I wanted to do something, uh, just out of personal matters. ” he placed his hand on the back of his head. “ Oh! but don't think of it as an inconvenience for me, I'm more than willing to give you more than just a drink and some lemon squares. ” the blond smiled, making you feel all warm and fuzzy.

“ aether.. thank you. ”

“ of course, don't worry. you've always got me 'kay? ”

— ✦ —