Chapter 8: Family and ''Friends''

"So you woke up in a box, been stuck on this rock for almost a month, fought a bio-mechanical eldritch centipede with an oil vampire and this stuck up girl, and then adopted the purple toaster?" 

"Yep!" 

"Of course you would..."

After Khan fainted, Revenant "gently" put him away to rest. AKA tossing the man like a sack of potatoes into the corner. 

The four (mainly the legends) talked and caught up with what happened to each other while they were seperated. Pathfinder and Uzi were sitting down whilst Revenant stood in front talking with Pathfinder. Ash was a little off to the side scrutinizing everything in the apartment-like home, rarely putting any input to the conversation .

They talked about some of the bounty's they did, some job failures in the past they never got to talk about. Tales from a long ago, around 300-ish to be "precise".

"So what else have you've been up for the last "few" years since we saw you, other than rotting away with your... Daughter." 

Revenant didn't like Uzi, too weak and frail, probably couldn't even tank one punch from him. He's killed hundreds of the little oil cans just for the hell of it, their screams mimicked humans so well. But now Pathfinder just had to adopt that little purple toaster so now he's a father. And Revenant was Pathfinder's "Brother", as he had insisted on Revenant being so for years. So you know what that means right? 

He's now an uncle.

"Not too much but I do hope I can return to the Outlands and find my creators!" 

What...?

Ash snapped her gaze towards Pathfinder as Revenant leaned forwarded ever so slightly. If they were still human they would most certainly be raising their eyebrows in confusion. Uzi noticed the change in mood and asked if everything was alright, but her words fell on deaf receptors as the simulacra's were processing what the hell Pathfinder said. 

They would be long dead by now, his creators, they are dead; their human. So what is Pathfinder going on about finding his creators, It's been around 300 years, of course they would be dead. Even Pathfinder knows they're dead as well and accepted that fact, hoping that they were proud of him. He should know this! 

Unless...

"What year is it?" Ash demanded as she stepped forward. She quickly stood in front of Pathfinder who was confused in the sudden change of demenor, "Why do you ask friend-"

"What. Year is it?" Ash asked again, cutting him off from continuing. Pathfinder tilted his head before giving his answer.

"It's 2736 isn't it?"

.

.

.

Revenant put a hand on Pathfinder shoulder, "Are you pulling our legs here?" 

Pathfinder quickly put his hands in front waving. "Of course not, I would never lie to my soon-to-be brother!" Revenant gripped his shoulder, the metal frame creaking slightly as stared at Pathfinder in deeper confusion. Revenant already said yes to be his brother, even if it was to shut him about it, but still. He said it during the final "season" of that blood sport place, "Apex killer" or something. Well at least, the people watching didn't know it would be the last season. After the owners of the place did some dumb shit, they fell into some big corparate war with a pharmaceutical company. But still, Revenant was now HIS brother. So why the fuck doesn't remember it?!