Chapter 9: Promening

The halls were empty with only the mist moving throughout. Icicle hung from the roof and snow piled in inconvient spots, usually besides the school lockers.

A lone light flickered in the darkness, an echo coming closer. It was barely audible, only a tiny clinks of metal could be heard in the dark.

The light struggled to stay on longer than a few seconds, but it eventually stayed on long enough to illuminate a lone figure stalking the halls. "So this is where he's been living. Lots of room, plenty of blindspots for a kill or five." Revenant dragged his fingers across the lockers leabing deep gashes in them. "I almost like the place."

Revenant let out an annoyed gruff, just before Pathfinder was shut down he sent him a little message. Something that was a bother to him, why should he care about the little shit. "The purple toaster can take care of itself..." He thought to himself, "And why'd he call me that, I ain't a damn uncle!"

He tossed those thoughts aside and continued down the hall.

Revenant has been walking around getting a layout of the place, noting where all the best places to hide a body would be. It had been a few hours since he began creeping around the colony bunker, leaving Ash to continue what she does best: everthing (in her opinion)

So good ol' Revenant decided to scout out the place for the both of them, not knowing that Pathfinder is also pretty clueless of the layout of the bunker, only knowing a few key areas. It was comforting walking alone by himself again, familiar even.

Cold walls that seemed to grow further with each step, darkness leaking from the corners where the light refuses to shine. His practiced silent footsteps, the eerie quiet, it was just missing some blood and a skinbag running for their life.

It would be sereal to a human, in a snowy, silent hallway with no sounds other than their misty breathing and thundering footsteps. But to Revenant, it was boring, mundane, 'lost its colour', another day in life, but it gave him a sense of nostalgia from when he was a mercenary.

He still technically is a mercenary, but when he was a mercenary as a human. At least, when he believed he was human, made of flesh and bone, skin and tissue, viscera and nerves.

Revenant's thoughts halted as a glimmer on the floor caught his attention. Constantly shifting under the light as he drew near, the light reflected off a puddle. A slick puddle of oil.

A large puddle of oil all over the ground, splatters across the lockers. A body laid still in, presumably, their own oil, 'FATAL ERROR' on their frozen screaming face.

A girl, broken glasses and a missing arm.

"Another kill, sloppy work as well."

Revenant had seen a couple of missing posters stapled to the wall on his self lead tour of the colony. All have been missing for a couple weeks, all female students, all candidates for the 3071 'Prom queen', "Still don't understand it..."

His gaze drifted upwards to an expected sight, a camera. The camera that faced the hall, down at where he is standing, was snapped around facing a wall that was usaully behind it.

In a small instant, a symbol flickered around it once.

If he could, Revenant would narrow his eyes at the sight. Murders in the dead of night, strange phenomenons, missing posters all over the place.

"Someone must think they're the boogieman here..."

Revenant's body darken, almost pitch black in colour. His body cracked all over with a shroud of black mist surrounding him as a dim orange glow glimmered from beneath. Neon yellow orbs replaced his once orange eyes, his body seemed to exude power.