Chapter 14: Smore's and Oil

An arrow blurred through the snowfall, stabbing deep into its target with a loud thunk. Another one splits the former, then another, and another. Soon, because so many arrows had split the original one, the splintered arrows caught fire due to all the friction they had created.

"Does this... count as cheating?" N questioned with a head tilt. 

"...Noooo?" Pathfinder shrugged as N turned to face the group of students.

All the students stared back at the taller drone in slight awe whilst holding bows of their own, which was normal since they were at the archery range. Pathfinder just stood behind them, towering over the rest, while giving a friendly thumbs up to N.

That silence was ruined when, of course, Braidon accidentally let go of the bow string that he was holding for some reason and sent an arrow ripping into a fellow students head. They fell over with a continuous flow of oil gushing out from their head.

Pathfinder slowly turned his head over to the newly made corpse before silently turning his screen into a tally chart, striking another one in it.

V, however, scoffed at N's "Archery demonstration" as she kicked off the roof and gracefully landed on the ground, snatching a bow from one.

"You didn't even kill anyone. Check this out." V drew back the bow string and aimed out to the range before quickly facing her aim to the students. All except Pathfinder flinched at the bow drawn at them before they started clapping at her "impressive display of skill".

Pathfinder stepped forward and to V, "V, you're meant to aim the bow," Pathfinder points over V, "that way." he reminded looking down at her.

V frowned, aiming the arrow at Pathfinders leg before releasing her hold. Swiftly lift his foot, Pathfinder narrowly dodged the arrow with a 'whoa!'. "Well now that was rude of you V!" Pathfinder exclaimed with an upset face on his screen.

"That's the point." V glared at Pathfinder before the two devolved into a small battle of words.

N wanted to get between the two and ease the tension but he was called over by none other than Uzi herself. 

"psst, hey N!" She whispered yelled over to her friend, garnering his attention. N turned around with a gleeful smile as he looked over to Uzi hiding behind a tree, her top half peeking around with something in her hand.

That "something" popped out a light blue holo-graphic message, [HELLO :)]. Uzi tapped on the small thing projecting out another message, [DON'T TELL V I'M HERE]. Uzi held a finger to her lips in a 'shhh' motion to emphasise her message.

Her message didn't reach N's eyes fast enough.

"Uzi, get on out here!" N shouted in a friendly and inclusive manner. "This troupe's a team!" A smile on N's face as he said those words were an opposite to the horror across Uzi's.

[:0]

N quickly realised his mistake but had no time to correct himself, everyone had heard him. 

"Uzi!?" Pathfinder's head darted away from V and to the purple glow he has come to know and recognise. Pathfinder ignored V before waving over to Uzi in a very, very happy manner. "UZI!"

Uzi, seeing as someone couldn't keep their inclusive reflexes in check, decided to show herself.

"Hey, everyone..." Uzi weakly chuckled, clearly uncomfortable at the situation that was forced upon her. It's not she wanted a private conversation with N to talk about what she found out as well as other stuff but, hey, this is fine!