Chapter XXX

Chase

I was still conscious of my surroundings, but as Sky excitedly pulls me towards the ground to watch his favorite sport being played by locals in an unofficial game, all I could focus on was him.

The way his cute cheeks puff up when he smiles with his eyes disappearing into curves, his clumsy ass that needs extra caution as he trips with his own feet. He only chuckles as I clicked my tongue, scolding him to be careful.

I will do anything to keep that smile on his face. I blinked at a sudden flash. I turned to where it came from and it was just a mother taking photos of her child playing but it triggered me.

I'm suddenly brought back to the world where I used to be, blinding and flashing lights. Instead of a smile, I frown at the thought of me being the cause of Sky's smile to disappear. What if they don't find the culprit? Sky will receive double hatred from fans who are obsessed with me and from those who hates me with the belief of me being a criminal and then there's also a different set of haters.

Being a celebrity is sometimes suffocating if not always. It's just bearable cause it has always been my passion but what about those who surrounds me in a different social status?

Sky is aware with our differences, but sometimes being fully aware of how things are versus being in the middle of it all is a huge difference. You think you know until it actually happens.

Music. I suddenly hear classical music. I felt his hands cupping my face after he puts on some wired headphones on my ears. I blinked, raising a hand to take one out.

"How did yo—"

"You didn't even notice when I walked away from you." He pouts but then smiles as he pulls my head down for my forehead to rest on his.

"What did I tell you when we first met?"

"Don't kill myself?" He lets go, barking out a laughter.

"That, and to stop overthinking. I can see the way you clocked out and it hurts to see you torture yourself inside there." He knocks on my forehead gently.

"You said you haven't thought about hurting yourself but you already are, with the way you're thinking. Just because you're not doing anything physically to harm yourself, doesn't mean that it's not." I leaned at the warmth of his hands and he pulls me to a hug. I embraced him tightly like I'm afraid he'll suddenly be gone.

"If things don't go your way, we can always try and you don't have to try it alone. Share some with me." He pulls away first and then grabs my hand, walking away from the field.

"Ice cream?" We're now sitting on a bench at some secluded area— well, not really but it seemed like it cause a huge tree is blocking us from anyone's view– enjoying the sweetness in a cone. Well, me. I'm enjoying cause his fell the moment we sat down that's why I'm offering mine to him but he stubbornly refused saying it's mine and that he doesn't like the flavor anyway.

"You did not just say that." I squint my eyes at him, shooting lasers

"But it does taste like tooth—" I shut his mouth by grabbing his nape and slipping my tongue-filled ice cream in his mouth, kissing him torrid. He moans and I chuckled, licking the corners of his lips before going back to my Ice cream. Happily munching on it.

"You're right, Ice cream makes my mood feel better." I smirk and he huffs, "my comment still stands. You just proved how mint choco tastes like toothpaste when it came from your mouth." I don't know whether I should be offended.

"On a serious note, do you have ptsd with flashes or something?" I stopped biting on my cone and sighed, I knew he's not just going to brush it off.

"No, not really. I just... I just remembered who I am, what I am rather,  and had many thoughts going on my head." I stared at the remaining sweet goodness on my hand that is starting to melt.

"Does that include me?" I snapped my head towards him.

"Ofcourse. The moment you pulled me from that pool, not one time did you ever leave my thoughts." He coughs, breaking eye contact.

"Does that include where I stand in your social status?" I fell silent and looked back to the forgotten cone.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Not every silence means yes." I try to kid around

"Says someone who kissed me senseless when I was silent." Point taken.

"I did tell you, you can push me away." I teased.

"Charles Park." I was startled when he straddles me that the cone fell on the ground.

"I know where I stand." He completely removes my mask that was sitting idly below my chin and my cap that he let me borrow making me feel naked from the bareness of my face.

"You listen to me, and listen to me well." He holds my chin and lift it up to make me face him. "I've been working with celebrities and politicians for more than a year. I've been flirted at a couple of times but I stood my ground and then you came along knocking me off my feet, quite literally. Even if I was not a part of your fandom, I'm still a part of the fandom culture so I understand. When I told you earlier that we have different worlds, I was more of thinking about your schedule, our schedules clashing– I know how busy you can be and how you might even be away from the country for a year or so. I wonder if we can make that work, not whatever it is you're thinking."

My mouth parted but he places a forefinger on my lips, shushing me. "In the short time we had together, actually no. It's more than enough time as we're almost together 24/7. It's more than enough for me to know how selfless you are. Stop assuming things on how I'll feel about this and that. Ask me and I will answer you with all honesty and I ask of you to do the same. A relationship is a team play. Work with me?"

"I can be your slave." I murmured, inching closely to his lips.