22. D.S UMBRELLA

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: D.S UMBRELLA. 

"Mask don't heal wounds, they only hide them" 

---

Five started walking backward and forward in front of the screen as he scratched the back of his head in frustration.

"Of course Dad would be involved in the assassination. I should've know" Diego said "No, you're jumping to conclusions" Five said "What else is he doing standing on the grassy knoll, holding an open black umbrella on a sunny day in Dallas the exact same moment the president get shot?" Diego shouted as he walked closer to Five while pointing at the screen "Diego calm down. You're shouting isn't getting anywhere" Elena said.

"It doesn't look good, I admit" Five said "No, he's the signalman for the whole goddam thing" Diego said "Easy, Diego. Seriously" Five said "No, it makes sense. This is what Hazel was obviously trying to tell you" Diego said "Calm down Diego, you are too fast to jump to the conclusions, maybe you are wrong. Maybe it's a coincidence that he is there" Elena said.

"No, it makes sense. This is what Hazel was obviously trying to tell you. We have to stop Dad from killing the president" he said "Easy, Diego. Seriously" Five said, looking at Diego.

"Of course he is the one behind president's murder" Diego said "I have never met Reginald and from what Five told me about him, he is not the nicest man in the world, but he don't sound evil enough to kill the president" Elena said "Easy, Diego. Seriously. El is right" Five said as he looked at Diego.

"Diego, calm down, all right? Dad was no Boy Scout, but presidential assassination? It's never been his thing" Five said "How would you know? You skipped out on his golden years" Diego said "Shipped out?" Five asked while looking at him "You think I had it easy, Diego" Five as he took some steps closer to him "El and I was alone for 27 years. If it wasn't for Elena. I wouldn't have made it. We lost our oldest daughter. Murdered in cold blood" he snapped at him and silence filled the room.

Both Elena and Five had being through so much, they were just kids when they got to the apocalypse and when Five saw his family's dead bodies. They were the only people alive, not a single soul in the whole world, couldn't get away. They needed to survive with very little food, almost no water, almost froze to death many times. Have had many near death experiences. It can mess with your head. Elena and Five might had made it through but they will have scars and Trauma that will be there for the rest of their lives, not to mention the PTSD that it had given the two.

Both Elena and him had to grow up and act like adults at a very young age.

They were just children that was forced to grow up.

"You know what? We don't have the time for this right now. Dad's clearly in Dallas, right? Let's just go talk to him. Maybe he can help us fix the timeline" Five said "Dallas is a big place. We need to find him first" Diego said "Gee, if only we had some magical, old-timey way, of finding people and their addresses" Five said "Then it's good the phonebook was invented" Elena said as she lifted up the phone book "Love, that is too heavy for you, you shouldn't be carrying that" Five sad he walked over to her "It's fine Five, I'm only 10 weeks pregnant, I'm not dying or sick" she said as she put the phone down on the table.