8. I WILL PROTECT YOU THREE WITH MY LIFE

CHAPTER EIGHT: I WILL PROTECT YOU THREE WITH MY LIFE

"Bravery is not the absence of fear. Bravery is feeling fear and moving forward anyway"

 Bravery is feeling fear and moving forward anyway"

---

Both Elena and Ruby heard the sound of mumbling and they turned their heads to see Five shaking.

"No" he said.

"Mom what's wrong with dad?" Ruby asked "I don't know" Elena said as he moved over to her husband "Honey" she said as she notice that his eyes widened slightly and his breathing pattern changed.

"El, Ruby" he mumbled, his voice breaking and shaking "Pretty Boy. Fivey. I'm right here" Elena said as she grabbed his shoulder before shaking it while she moved closer to him. But nothing happen, his eyes was still widened slightly and his breathing pattern changed.

"Love, Ruby" he mumbled again "Hon. I'm right here so is Ruby" she said a little louder as she moved closer to him.

"El, Ruby" he mumbled again.

"Dad, dad" Ruby said as she grabbed her dad's shoulder before shaking it "Daddy, wake up!" Ruby shouted as the two shook him again, his breath hitched and he blinked a few times with his eyes, like he was coming back to reality.

He started breathing heavier as he turned to see his wife and daughter who was looking at him with a worry look "You okay?" Elena asked "Dad, you okay?" Ruby asked "I'm fine Buttercup, just a bad dream. So go back to play" he said as he gave his daughter a smile "Okay" she said before she moved back to continue drawing.

"You okay?" Elena asked her husband "I-I-I'm fine. I just had a nightmare" he said "It was more than that" she said and he nodded "I--I was back again and I--was a-alone. You---you weren't there, either was Ruby. I was--Alone" he said, his voice breaking and shaking as he was freaking out.

"It's okay. I'm right here and alive, so is Ruby" Elena said "Promise me that you would never leave me" he said "I promise. I'm right here and I'm not gonna leave you, no matter what. I'm alive and here, so is Ruby and so it's the baby" she said and his whole body calm down as he was looking at her.

"I will protect you three with my life" he said as he had looked at his wife.

"Listen, one day we get to spend our times together and live a happy life without having to worry about the end of the world. But at least we're together and I would rather save the world a million times with you, than live a normal life without you" she said "Me too. I would rather save the world a million times with you, than live a normal life without you" he said and they smiled to each other.

"We will beat this, Ruby will have a normal childhood again, we will life a beautiful normal life with our kids, I promise" she said and he nodded.

Then there was a knock on the window "Five" a voice said which cause the three to turn their attention to see Luther who opened the door.