24. THE MAJESTIC TWELVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: THE MAJESTIC TWELVE

"Sometimes your biggest effort will be ignored but your smallest mistake will be judge"

---

Elena was laying in bed, sleeping when Ruby rushed into the bedroom before she jump up on the bed "Mommy, get up" she said as she was jumping on the bed.

"What is it Sweetheart?" Elena asked as she opened her eyes "It's morning, and I wanna go to dad" Ruby said "Are you getting tired of me?" Elena asked "No, I just love when our family is gathered" Ruby said before she jumped more in the bed "Up mom" she said "Okay, okay, I'm up. Let's have some breakfast first, and then we can go, okay" Elena said as she looked at her daughter "Okay" Ruby said.

---

"You want me to protect Five?" Lila asked as her and The Handler was eating pancakes.

"It's not that complicated, honey" The Handler said "If anyone deserves to die, it's him" Lila said "That's true, but--" "The most wanted man in the Commission" Lila said, cutting The Handler off.

"Yes" The Handler said "Now you want me to protect him" Lila said "That's correct" The Handler said "After everything he's done to you? He's the reason you got demoted" Lila said "Be that as it may...he's worth more to me alive" The Handler said before she poured herself some wine in her glass.

"If you want to kill somebody why don't you kill Diego?" she asked and Lila shook her head "No" she said "You sure? I think it'll make you feel better" The Handler said "Nah" Lila said before taking a bite of her pancake.

"Suit yourself. Pass me more syrup, will you?" The Handler asked and Lila grabbed the syrup before she poured some syrup on The Handler's pancakes.

"By the way, Elena is pregnant" Lila said and The Handler froze before she looked back up at Lila "What?" she asked and Lila nodded "How far?" The Handler asked "10 weeks. She was here for three months" Lila replied "So she was pregnant when they broke the contract" The Handler said as she looked down "Damn it, that's why they did it that day. I should have seen the patteren" she said before she looked back Lila "And Ruby?" she asked "She is clinging to her parents like a baby" Lila said "Of course she do, she have only know them" The Handler said "How are we gonna kidnap her if she is always with her parents" Lila said "Be patient, we either take her when she not with her parents or we will wait till the right moment. We will get those kids, one way or another" The Handler said and Lila nodded.

"By the way, I ran into some trouble at the asylum, during the escape" Lila said as The Handler poured some more syrup on her pancakes "These three blond guys. Total cowboys" Lila said and The Handler froze for a second before looking at Lila "They're here already?" she asked "Wait, you know those freaks?" Lila asked "Commission muscle. Triplets. Like Huey, Dewey, and Louie, only a little more meshugahs" The Handler said "You sent them?" Lila asked.