Chapter 8: Confrontations

Neon's POV
'I don't think asking Torch to have Nitro meet me here without saying who it was, was a good idea..' I thought to myself. I started pacing back and forth near the entrance of the Sacred Forest path. "Neon..?" A voice called out. I looked up to see that Nitro actually came! "I-. Look, I know I'm probably the last person you wanted to see here. But I just want to talk." I said. Nitro sighed rather loudly, "Fine.. any funny business like earlier and I'm gone." I sighed a sigh of relief, now knowing he'll actually give me another chance to talk, "Yeah… I won't do anything stupid, you have my word." "Your word doesn't mean much. So let's just go, I'm already losing my trust in you." I was understanding with his comment, but couldn't help but to feel slightly offended.

Nitro and I started on our way on the path and Nitro spoke to break the silence, "Why exactly did you want to pull me out here?" "I… I honestly have no idea, I know that sounds weird given the fact we were yelling at each other earlier today.." I said, "So you just wanted to drag me out here just to drag me out here?" Nitro asked, mildly irritated. "Look, I just-" I sighed and dropped my head, "I just wanted to talk to you.." I could feel myself tearing up, "I missed the times we had together… that's why I dragged you out here.."

Nitro stayed silent, then responded after a long period of silence, "You wanted to pull me out here to where we first met just to tell me you want to be friends again..?" I didn't realize that the path was the path we first came across each other. I wiped my tears "Ye-Yeah, I.. just w-wa-" I choked on my words, "You just want to get close again? Like we were a few years back?" "Y-yes." I was able to murmur out. Nitro sighed, "Not until you can prove that I can trust you like I did. Until then, we can just stay the way we are right now, distant." I was overjoyed to hear that I have a chance. My first reaction was to hug him.

Nitro's POV
'What the hell is she doing?!' I thought to myself, internally panicking. 'I mean I want us to be close too but- !!' My thoughts got cut short by her bandaged ribbons wrapping around me. I didn't know how to react. On one paw I could push her off me. On the other paw, I could hug her back. UGH DECISIONS I HATE THEM. Before I could make my decision consciously, my body moved on its own and hugged her back.

Back to Neon's POV
'H-He hugged m-me back..? After all I've d-done to him…?' I was left confused, but didn't ask too many questions as I didn't want this to change again.

After a few minutes I slowly let go of him and looked up at him. "S-sorry for the abrupt h-hug, I just… really needed one…." He caught me off-guard by suddenly hugging me? "You're not the only one who needs it Kako (pronounced: Kay - koh)…" My eyes widened when he said that name, 'H-He remembers the name he g-gave me?' I began to feel my eyes tear up. "Y-you remembered t-that?" "Of course I did.. it was a big milestone for me…" Nitro responded. He eventually broke the hug and stepped back, a little red. I didn't do much but smile, I felt.. content.

Nitro's POV
I can't believe I just did that. I saw her teary smile, she looked happy to be here. I don't know how it spiraled into this, but I'm not complaining. I looked up and noticed it was getting towards the evening hours, 'How long have we been here for?' I asked myself as I checked my phone, 5:27 pm. "Everything alright Nitro?" "Yeah, but I should get going. Torch is probably wondering where I am." I said, "Oh, right. I forgot about Myst. She's probably thinking the same thing." "I'm guessing we should part ways for now?" I asked, "Yeah. Once we get out of here." With Neon saying that, we left together and eventually parted ways to our own separate homes.

Once I got home at 6:15 pm I was greeted by Torch sleeping on the floor in the middle of the hallway. I thought about if I should wake him up, and if so, how? I decided on a little shock. I walked towards him and put my paw on his shoulder. Unfortunately, he woke up on contact and jumped back, "NITRO WHAT THE FUCK!" He yelled "What, I was waking you up because I'm about to make something for dinner." "Wait, what time is it..?" He asked, still sounding alarmed. "Roughly 6:15. Why?" "SHIT, I'M GOING TO BE LATE!"