Chapter 12: Repairs necessary

Nitro's POV
'Oh shit oh shit ohshit. Why did I agree to that?!' My thoughts raced as I ran inside to find Ash laughing his ass off. "Hand it the fuck over Ash." "Sounding a little desperate?" He laughed, handing over the money. "Never again." "Dont even with that! I know you enjoyed it! You haven't talked about anything else other than 'her company' for the past week!" I blushed, standing there in silence. "Called it." He said before heading back outside. I stood there realizing that he was right.. I really did miss her.. a lot.

I walked into Ash's room and put the money on his dresser and sighed. 'I was stupid for making that dumbass bet. I probably would've done it anyway if I had the chance to..' I thought before walking out of his room and back outside.

I looked for Neon immediately, soon finding her at the base of the stairs of the back porch, bright red. She noticed me and quickly grabbed me with her ribbons and rushed me back inside with everyone looking at me with mixed reactions.

Once we were back inside she put me down, "I want an explanation about why you did that." She sternly said, "Well.. uh.. I can give you one of two answe-." "The honest one." She cut me off. I sighed, "Fine.. Ash bet me 500 poke that I would kiss you again and scratch the behind your ear. Afterwards though, I thought-" "I don't care what you did afterwards. I care about what you did and why you did it." She said with a pissed tone. "Look. I'm sorry for what I did. I was blinded by his offer, I didn't put much thought into it." I apologized and tried to reason.

She gave me a pissed look, "Now you're lying to me! I know how you act Nitro! Even with that kind of offer you would hesitate to even THINK about taking up on it!" She scolded. 'She was right. I don't know what the hell I was thinking' I thought as she continued to scold me, "Like really Nitro?! I was thinking that we were finally getting along again but here you come to shoot it all down! I thought we could've had something going again.." "I-.. you're right. We were finally getting along and I messed it up.." I sheepishly said. "Good that you know you've messed up." She said, her blush has long since faded. "Don't expect me to help you out anymore Nitro. Even if it's for Torch or anyone else you know." She said before turning away.

I soon heard faint tapping on the hardwood floor. 'Was she crying? No, she was too pissed to be crying.' I thought as I looked down at the ground as the tapping got quickier more and more frequent. I hadn't realized that I was crying, but that doesn't explain why it got quicker and frequent. Then it hit me. Neon and I were both crying. "Neon, I-" She whipped around with teary eyes and shouted, "DONT FUCKING TALK TO ME!" She ran out the front door soon after. I sat on the floor dazed and distraught. The unsettling silence didn't last long as everyone rushed back inside after the shouting, unaware of what happened.

Neon's POV
I darted out of the house as fast as I could, 'I couldn't believe that he would accept the bribe so quickly. It all just seemed to line up with how much time he was gone and- ugh. I don't want to see him again!' I thought as I ran to Cliff's End, a nearby cliff (it's in the name) that overlooked a valley and laid near the edge hoping everything that had happened today was just a bad dream.

It felt like hours had passed as the sun was starting to set. I sat there in silence as I heard a voice shouting in the distance. I wasn't able to make out what they were saying but it was a group of people, but two of their voices were more familiar than the rest. Shrub and Myst. 'Great.. they probably brought that fucking idiot along with them.' I thought as I sat up, staring off into the distance.

The voices eventually faded away as it was dusk and getting dark rapidly. I heard a faint buzz but it quickly stopped. I looked down at the ground near my paws, tearing up again, "I'm sorry Nitro... I-I've been nothing but a b-bitch to you.. e-even after what I did earlier.. I-I don't deserve you... even as a friend.." I said, speaking out to the valley. "I shouldn't have y-yelled at you.. I should've never left you out in those m-mountains by yourself..." I continued as I put my head onto the grass, "Y-you deserve anyone e-else.. j-just not me.." After a long pause, one thing came out of my mouth. "AAAAAAAUUGHHH-!" I screamed in anguish before breaking down into tears.