Chapter 32: Tournament

Narrator POV
After the events of that night, everyone vowed to never drink like they did. Dust seemed to believe that he talked to Mirage that night, he in fact believed it so much that he started to look for him.. giving up after 30 minutes of trying to look for him.

2 weeks later, on the day of the tournament, they were in the one class most of them had..

Gem's POV
I grabbed a seat and brought it over to Torch's table. "So what's the plan for later today..?" Jet asked, already taking his seat nearby. "Once we get dismissed from school today, we run over to my house to come up with a plan and finalize teams. Sounds good?" Nitro said, with everyone nodding in agreement. "Then it's a plan." Torch said, putting his head down on his desk, probably trying to go to sleep.

After 15 minutes but us just sitting in silence, the intecom crackled to life, "Nitro Willimher, Neon Scapery, Torch Rustic, Gem Thanes, Jetstream Thanes, Willow Eastien, Mystic Routstat, and Dusty Jockston come to the main office. I repeat, Nitro Willimher, Neon Scapery, Torch Rustic, Gem Thanes, Jetstream Thanes, Willow Eastien, Mystic Routstat, and Dusty Jockston come to the main office."

Nitro, Torch, Mystic and I groaned before getting up and making their way to the office, thinking they got in trouble for something off-campus. The Braxien secretary waited for the whole group to come in before addressing them, "You eight are dismissed for the day. The principal wanted to wish you luck in today's tournament." The whole group sighed, 'Good thing they didn't hear about what happened 2 weeks ago.' I thought before leaving with the group to Nitro's house.

We made it to the house and Nitro stopped right at the door, trying to twist the knob, "Don't tell me you forget your fucking keys Nitro." Torch said. "Well.. uhm... I kinda left in a hurry this morning.." Nitro made an excuse, trying to avoid the fact that he just forgot his keys. "You've got to be fucking kidding me.. Torch, don't you have one..?" Willow asked, hoping he had one. Torch's face seemed to flush of color, "Uh.. ya see..-"

"See! I'm not the only one!" Nitro exclaimed as he started pushing past and away from the door. "Where the hell are you going?!" Neon asked, sounding a little irradiated. "Around back to open the back door or a window!" He shouted before eventually leaving our line of sight.

Dust sighed, "Of course the one day that we need you guys to not forget your damn house keys.." There was a strong tone of sarcasm in his voice, getting a giggle out from Myst and I. "Shut the hell up Dust.." Torch said with a small chuckle. Eventually we heard shuffling behind the door and after a few clicks, Nitro opened the door.

Neon's POV
Everyone filed inside, trying to get ready as soon as they could. Gem, Jet, Dust, Shrub and Myst all ran immediately to the couch, almost as if their lives depended on it. Torch, Nitro and I just leaned up against the headrest of the couches.

"Alright so since it's finally the day that we fight in this tournament. Soo.. how exactly are we going to differentiate each other if we go against another Eevee evolution that looks exactly like our partner?" Gem asked as it was a real possibility. "I don't think we'll go against another Eevee evolution during this tournament. The chances of that happening are slim to none." Nitro lied, probably not wanting to spend more money on cloth to help identify each other. "I don't really know too much about that one Nitro.. It's a real possibility for two of us to go against another evolution." Shrub said, trying to make sure that we don't accidentally attack each other in the middle of the battles.

"She brings up a good point Nitro. We need some kind of identifier to show that we aren't the enemy." Torch pointed out, supporting Shrub's idea. Everyone seemed to agree with Shrub and that kinda forced Nitro to go into his room and grab a massive cloth for everyone to rip up and get their piece. "Is there a way we should wear it just in case there is another duo doing the same thing we are?"