Chapter 13: Assistance

Torch's POV
I quickly stood up from my chair and rushed over to grab Neon off his back and set her down on the air mattress before going back to Nitro. I grabbed him right as he collapsed. "One of you wake up Myst!" I ordered, laying Nitro down on the dining room table (it was clear of food btw). Willow rushed over and looked at Nitro, "Find something I can use as a tourniquet and some bandages Torch!" Willow quickly ordered. I nodded my head and sprinted into the bathroom, rummaging through the cabinet to find anything that'll work. "TORCH HURRY THE HELL UP! HE'S LOSING A LOT OF BLOOD!" Willow shouted, trying her best to keep her composure. I started panicking before finally finding the bandages and something to use as a tourniquet.

I sprinted back to find that Gem and Mystic were awake, both checking on Neon. I gave the tourniquet to Willow and started to bandage his wounds. He had deep cuts and bruises all over his body, the most concerning ones were the cuts on his chest, shoulder to hip, cuts on his neck, didn't look to have cut his artery as the blood wasn't a bright red and gushing out of his neck. And finally, the cuts and bruises on his legs. These cuts however did sever the artery and he was bleeding badly.

As soon as Willow got the tourniquet on his leg, I put the bandage snuggly on his cut while using my shoulder to elevate his leg above him. "How many bandages do you have left?" Willow asked, "Just enough for the cut on his chest." I said getting ready to bandage up his chest. "Wait. Save the bandage, we need to check for any other major cuts." Willow stated. I didn't wait and immediately wrapped his chest up, while trying my best to keep his leg above him. "Did you check his pulse?" I asked, still panicked. "No, I haven't." I quickly checked his pulse.. faint, but still there. "He's barely got anything left.. he's fighting for his life…"

Neon's POV
I woke up to see Myst and Gem's blurry figures looming above me. "NEON'S WAKING UP!" Myst called out. I slowly sat up as my vision slowly went back to normal, but as I sat up I felt a sharp pain throughout most of my body. "AAAHH!" I cried out in pain. Shrub rushed over, covered in a red liquid. "Stay put Neon. It's not going to do anyone anything good if you get up." Shrub said. "..Where's Nitro..?" I asked, trying to figure out why Shrub is covered in something red. "He's here, we don't need you stressing, especially with yours and Nitro's injuries." "...What happened to him?" I asked, "We don't know. All we know right now is that you and him came home together with you on his back and him being covered in blood." It finally clicked. I remember what happened now..

45 minutes earlier still Neon's POV
I let go of Nitro and saw his eyes were watery. "..I just want to say it to your face.. I'm sorry for everything Nitro.. from my bitchy attitude… to physically and mentally attacking you.. e-even running away from the par-" He cut me off, "I already told you. I forgive you and how I wanted to start off with a clean slate." He gave a gentle smile, "I-I really don't deserve you Nitro…" I said softly. I put my head on his shoulder, staring into the night. "Why exactly do you keep trying to get along with me?" Nitro asked as he rested his head on top of mine, "I.. I feel like I'm missing a lot without you… even with how I acted with you, it just sounds toxic.. yet you've still tolerated me." I responded. "W-Wow, I'm flattered." Nitro replied, pretty quickly. "We should get going, don't you think Nitrey~?" He chuckled at the nickname, "You've got to come up with something new! It doesn't sound right anymore!" I couldn't help but giggle, "I know I know. I can't help it!" He lifted his head and allowed me to get up. He got up soon after me. He sighed, "Alright let's get going before we worry the others."

We started walking down the path, it was pitch black. I don't know why Nitro wasn't lighting up the darkness with his electricity but I didn't question it. I wrapped a ribbon around his arm to make sure I didn't lose him.

It was going smoothly until we made it to the bottom of the path when I felt a sudden tug then a sharp pain in the ribbon, causing me to let go of Nitro. "Well well well. If it isn't the one and only runaway champion! Along with the orphan mistress!" A deep, raspy voice spoke out from the darkness. "The fuck do you want Vixon?!" My stomach dropped as I heard the name. 'It can't be.. he should be in prison..' "I see you got a girlfriend. Call me surprised! Didn't think you had it in you." "Enough of the small talk. I know you're up to something, so I'll ask again. What the fuck do you want." "Nothing much. Just your life." I soon felt a sharp pain in my right side, sending me flying into a tree, knocking me out cold.