Chapter 1

It's a very special day in Manik Malhotra's life. Today he is going to get engaged to his childhood friend, Alya Saxena, whom he is gonna marry after a week. After a long time he is happy today, it seems that happiness is back in his lives, which he lost 5 years back because of his one wrong decision of choosing a wrong girl as his life partner.

He loved Nandini Murthy from his Masters days and after 5 years of courtship, they got married. It was a dream come true moment for both of them. Manik's friends, Fab 5 (Manik, Cabir, Mukti, Dhruv, Alya), Navya (Nandini's friend and Cabir's girlfriend), Abhimanyu (Mukti's boyfriend) alll loved and adored their pair. Everything was going fine until after 2 years of their marriage Manik came to know that Nandini is having an affair with her friend Aryaman Khurana with whom she was doing her PhD in the same institute. Manik did not believe it initially when he had seen some of their photos together, but one day he along with Fab 5 overheard their conversation and his world got crushed.

Nandini: Aryaman, you know na how bored I am with Manik. He is always busy with his music, he has no time for me. After meeting you here I started enjoying your company and you always made me feel so special. With Manik, I never felt this connection. I really love you Arya and I want to be yours as soon as possible. I want to get rid of this suffocating marriage with Manik. Please help me Arya.

Aryaman: Nandu, even I love you so much. Manik don't deserve a beautiful person like you, he doesn't know how to preserve a relationship. I will arrange for your divorce papers as soon as possible. Then we will build our happy world together.

Saying this both hugged each other. Manik's world came crushing down. He entered the room and clapped.

Manik: Wow Nandini, wow!!! After spending so many years with me, you realised that I have never made you feel special. I used to think that you knew how much I love you, what you mean to me. But no, I was wrong. I am feeling like a fool now to always think about you, your happiness. You could have told me Nandini, I would have let you go, but why did you do this behind my back?

Nandini: Manik Malhotra, don't accuse me. Did you ever have time to listen to me and my feelings? You don't know how to respect other's feelings. That's why you rejected Alya's proposal also when she proposed you in college. Everybody could see how much she loved you, even today she loves you, but she never complained, she accepted your decision. But, I won't. Relationships need efforts from both sides, which you never give. One sided relationships can never last long. Anyways, it's good that you got to know all these. I am leaving this house, I will send you divorce papers as soon as possible.

Manik's eyes were filled with tears, he never expected this. In front of his eyes, his Nandini walked out of their house along with Aryaman. Cabir, Navya and Abhimanyu ran behind them to talk to Nandini once again. Mukti, Dhruv and Alya were standing beside Manik there only.

Manik: Guys please, let me be alone for sometime, I promise I won't do anything wrong. I will come down after a while.

Three of them left the room, but after 5 minutes Alya came back to check on Manik once and she saw that he was still sitting in the same position. She came slowly and put her hand on his shoulder and called his name.

As if he was waiting for that only, he hugged Alya tightly and broke down in tears.

Manik: How could she do this Alya? I loved her so much, she is my life. How will I stay without her? Why did she leave me? I am feeling so lonely suddenly.

Alya: Calm down Manik, we all are with you, you are never alone. Don't be harsh on yourself, we all know how much you love her. We all loved Nandini so much, but she broke our trust and our hearts. Manik, you have to be strong, you are not at fault. She lost a gem like you.

Manik: You all will never leave me right?

Alya: Never Manik, we all love you. I will always support you at each step of your life. Never feel yourself alone.

Cabir, Navya  and Abhimanyu came back with dull faces as Nandini said harsh words to all of them and left. Within a  month their divorce process was done and Nandini left the city wth Aryaman and never came back. And as promised all Fab5 members along with Navya and Abhimanyu supported Manik a lot. But Manik left music completely and concentrated in business. Cabir also joined Malhotra industries. Abhimanyu was a doctor whereas Mukti started going for solo music. Alya joined a fashion designing company and Dhruv formed a dance class. Navya started working as an event manager. Manik slowly got back to life and he decided to start his new life with Alya as she always loved him and was his constant support. Though he still treated her as a good friend only, still he believed that one day he will be able to love her back. But, Nandini still resided in one corner of his heart, may be with hatred, but still she was.

Manik came back from past when Alya called him.

Alya: Manik, you are happy right? You aren't doing this out of gratitude right?

Manik: Alya, don't ever think like that. It's true that I still don't love you like you do, but I am wholeheartedly marrying you, I believe that your love and the bond of marriage with make me fall for you hard.

Alya: About Nandini...

Manik: Nandini was my past Alya. I have not forgotten her completely and I will never, that's a fact. But, it's like a learning experience for me for trusting a wrong person. That will always make me stronger. You will be my first priority from now onward, her memories won't affect our present Alya, I promise.

Alya (hugged him): I love you Manik and will always do.

Manik (hugging her back): Hopefully, I will feel the same very soon.

What do you think about the plot?

Let me know your views...

Some words about Manik and Nandini...