Chapter 7: The Truth is Out

"That was amazing!" Miyuki gushed as the band walked offstage. They had been asked to play five more songs until Miyuki announce they had to go already. The loud round of applause could be heard and Akane and her friends had stormed away the second the crowd began to cheer for Rena rather then booing her. The all the girls were celebrating and high fiving each other, but Jurina was just desperate to get Rena alone. Their eyes briefly met for a moment and Rena gave Jurina a small smile making Jurina's heart beat even faster. "I know! Next up is the Battle of the Bands! We are going to rock!" Airi declared excitedly. Suddenly, Mayu giggled softly. "You know I think Rena has had enough excitement for the day!" Mayu giggled pointing at Rena's food strained clothes and face. The girls laughed as Rena rushed to get some napkins to clean the ketchups for the mini hot dogs thrown at her from her face. "You should probably head home and clean up. Jurina can walk you home if you want," Yuki offered. "Is that okay with you, Jurina? You don't want to stay in the party a little longer? I would hate to impose," Rena asked in a sweet tone.

"No, not at all! I am actually a bit tired myself," Jurina lied. In reality, Jurina felt more pumped up than ever, but she really needed to find out if Rena really did like her. No, that wouldn't matter. No matter if it was a yes or no answer she needed to get it off her chest. "Bye, guys! Thanks for coming. Sorry about those rude girls. I am never inviting them again!" Miyuki swore. "Yeah, thanks Miyuki! Bye, guys!" Jurina responded.

Jurina and Rena began to make their way home. It was dark already and the bright stars and full moon gave the night a romantic quality. Rena wondered if Jurina understood the message she tried to sent her with her song. Probably not. It was so unclear and indirect. Rena should probably just tell her directly, but... Her fear stopped her. What if she still love Akane? But then again hadn't Jurina just defended her from Akane in that breathtaking passionate matter that made her heart stop? Surely, Jurina was over Akane and surely Jurina felt strongly towards Rena to go that out of her way to defend her in such a matter. At the same time, Rena was just a useless coward who couldn't say a word.

Jurina was having the same conflict inside. However, her heart couldn't wait anymore. How much longer could she stay being near Rena without pulling her close and kissing her. Even at that moment Rena's perfectly pink lips were tempting her. There was almost a magical quality to the night. Jurina knew what she had to do. Besides if her suspicions were correct, Rena confessed to her already. What if she was just waiting for Jurina to realize how she felt. No matter what if that was the case, Jurina had to take the risk. For Rena's sake as well.

Rena was surprised when Jurina suddenly stopped. "Jurina?" Rena questioned. Jurina suddenly grabbed Rena by the waist and pulled her closer. "Rena...." Jurina began, but was tongue-tied. Rena's heart was pounding and her face was flushed. Was it maybe possible that Jurina felt the same way? Rena cupped Jurina's cheeks eager for her to continue letting her fear of rejection melt away as she looked into Jurina's intense warm gaze. Before they knew it their lips were less than inches away. Rena drew a breath as Jurina inched closer and captured her lips with her soft warm ones. Rena couldn't believe what was happening. Rena's arms founded their place behind Jurina's neck pulling her closer to Rena. Jurina felt she could never stop kissing Rena's strawberry like tasting lips. Their lips kissed eagerly never wanting to let go. It was the sweetest sensation. Rena couldn't put it into words. Rena pulled away breathless trying to get some air.

"I love you, Rena," Jurina whispered resting her head on Rena's shoulder. Rena hugged Jurina's waist and replied, "I love you, too. Since I first met you." "Why didn't you tell me?" Jurina asked. "How could I? You were in love with Akane and I never imagine you would feel the same...." Rena's voice trailed off. Jurina held on to Rena even tighter and said, " How could I not? You drive me crazy, Rena. Will you go out with me?" "Oh course silly!" Rena giggled pulling away and hugging Jurina's arm. "Let's head home okay?" Rena told her