Epilogue

A year later

Jurina sat in Rena's rug her legs with her legs crossed and a notebook in her hands. Rena was watching her attentively in silence with hopeful eyes as Jurina read the words written in the old notebook. Jurina looked completely immersed in the writing to even notice her girlfriend's staring. Finally, Jurina looked up with a huge smile and broke the silence, "This is awesome! I love it!" Rena's serious face was replaced with a huge grin.

"Really?!" Rena blurted out hugging her girlfriend. Jurina's eyes widen in surprise. Her girlfriend didn't usually act that way, but it was nice when she did. "Whoa, Rena!" Jurina giggled putting her arms around her girlfriend. "I am sorry! It's just this is the first song I've ever written and I was afraid you wouldn't like it!" Rena explained excitedly. Jurina giggled once more. Her girlfriend could be really cute and childish at times. "Of course I love it silly. It's simply brilliant!" Jurina replied the words of the song still haunting her mind. Rena smiled and snuggled closer to Jurina. "In fact, I think this would be the perfect song to use as our album single," Jurina told Rena. Rena eyes became wide like saucers. "You're joking, right? I mean it's good, but not it's not nearly as good as your songs! We can't use it as a single!" Rena exclaimed in utter shock. Using her song as a single? Instead of Jurina's?

"Why not? It's a good song and I think it's a good idea to have a cheerful yet at the same time sad song as our album single rather than just a moody one. I am sure the others will agree with me too!" Jurina countered. "Call them over then. I am sure they will think otherwise," Rena responded. Jurina gently pushed her girlfriend to the floor and pinned her down. Rena's heart began to hammer in her chest as her girlfriend got closer and closer.

"Jurina! Get off!" Rena ordered and squirmed beneath her trying to keep her cool against her girlfriend's charm. Jurina smirked enjoying the position she was in a little too much, but then she remember her argument. "Why do you always have to bring yourself down?" Jurina questioned with an intense look in her beautiful eyes. Rena was mesmerized by them. It was almost as if those eyes could look through her soul and read her like a book. "I don't know what you are talking about." Rena denied in a stubborn voice. "Then why not let us use your song as the main single?" Jurina insisted. Rena bit her lip and search her head for a reasonable explanation other than fear.

"Because even though it is good you have way more experience in songwriting than I do. Clearly, I want us to present your lyrics written by a person with more experience in songwriting than my amateur lyrics. Beside, it was Complicated that won us the battle of the bands. Not to mention we already recorded the album," Rena pointed out. Jurina recoiled surprising defeated by her girlfriend's clever point. Rena sighed in relief. Complicated did earn them battle of the band and the opportunity to record an album. Jurina remember the moment as if it were yesterday. They were up against fifty bands. Jurina thought they had no chance against so many people. Still they gave it their all and when the announcer yelled out their band's name as the first price winner it felt unreal. It still did! They were going to record an album for crying out loud! It was going on sale in two weeks! In two mere weeks! It was completed already, but Jurina felt Rena's song would complete it fully. "You bring up a good point, but still!" Jurina whined in a sulky voice. Rena had a triumph smile in her face. "Come on get off me. I know you can't help yourself, but band practice starts in 10 minutes and I don't want to be late again." Rena replied merrily.

Akane collapsed in the nearby armchair exhausted. Finally, the baby had gone to sleep. Yes, baby. Akane had slept with Mizuki-kun out of spite and jealously after seeing Jurina with Rena. It was the stupidest thing Akane had ever done. Akane didn't even enjoy it. Akane didn't even love Mizuki-kun. Akane loved Jurina! It wasn't long before Akane began to feel funny and get morning sickness. Akane bought a pregnancy test and it was confirmed. She was pregnant. It was funny because Akane never imagine she would ever end up pregnant in such an early age.