Chapter 6: A Mean Prank

It was a warm, quiet afternoon. The sun was peaking into Rena's desk from the big window in her room. There was a bunch of homework papers spread out in Rena's desk. Rena was trying to focus on her homework, but her mind had a life of its own and kept taking her back to the same bothersome thoughts. First off all, was the unpleasant encounter with Akane three days earlier. What haunted her the most was Jurina's reaction. Why was Akane so cruel? Rena bit her lip as her head replayed the bitter memory over and over again like a broken record.

The sky was dark and there was not a single star to be once. The city silent until the sound of heavy footsteps could be heard in the distance. Jurina seemed to be running aimlessly with no path or sense of direction. Behind Rena tried to desperately catch up to her, but Jurina was too fast. Finally, Jurina stopped jogging and collapsed to the floor. Rena put her hands in knees and tried to catch her breath. Rena was glad Jurina didn't run any further otherwise Rena's legs would have given in. Rena wasn't a girl would did sports and her condition was horrible. How Rena even managed to follow the girl this far was a mystery to her. "Sorry, I must have worried you," Jurina apologized when she noticed how tired Rena looked. It didn't occur to Jurina that Rena would actually run behind her. "It's okay," Rena reassured whole heartily.

While Rena hated the running, she would do it again without a second thought because Jurina's well being was more important. Jurina looked up at the sky. Jurina was clenching her fists as well. "Its not like I care that she is dating someone else its just the way she does it! Like if she is trying to make a fool out of me or something! I mean seriously did she really have to kiss him in front of me? She doesn't care about anybody else's feelings and it upsets me so much. How is it that someone claimed to care so much about you treats you like utter shit?" Jurina wondered out loud her voice filled of pent up anger.

Jurina was right of course. "Just forget it, Jurina. Its not worth your time," Rena told her unsure of what else to tell the angry girl. Jurina stayed silent looking at the ground. Tears began to roll from her eyes. Rena's heart felt like it was breaking into pieces seeing Jurina so vulnerable like that. "I just don't understand," Jurina cried pulling her hands in her face. Rena sighed and kneed down to Jurina's level. "Look I know its not as easy as it sounds, but honestly Akane is going to be Akane and we can't change it. Its better not to dwell on it." Rena insisted and patted Jurina's head. Jurina looked up and Rena used her thumb to wipe her tears away. A faint smile appeared in her beautiful face causing Rena's heart to flutter. "You are right. Thanks," Jurina said. Rena got up and brushed her skirt. "Come on. Let go home," Rena told Jurina and extended her hand to help her up.

While Jurina said she was simply upset about Akane's bratty attitude, Rena couldn't help, but to wonder if perhaps the reason Jurina was so upset was because still she still had feelings Akane. If so then Miyuki's party was truly something to worry about. Rena put her head down on top of her homework. Rena was sure that Akane was only attending Miyuki's party because she was planning something.

What if Akane took the opportunity to make Jurina feel even worst? Rena wouldn't be able to stand seeing Jurina so upset again. Rena simply wouldn't

.....

Miyuki's house wasn't a house it was a mansion. Rena looked around the place in shock. That was the biggest house Rena had ever seen. It looked right out of a movie! "Hey, guys!" Miyuki greeted with a warm smile. "Hey! So the party is in the backyard?" Mayu asked. "Yeah don't worry about you instruments and stuff. I'll have someone bring them up," Miyuki told them. "They better not drop them," Mayu retorted clearly not happy with the idea. "Mayuyu! Don't be rude!" Yuki scolded hitting her in the arm.

Miyuki simply giggled and guided them to her backyard. The backyard was simply magical. Rena had the impression that it would still feel that way even without the beautiful Hawaiian decorations. There were tikis and lovely fresh Hawaiian flowers everywhere. Over by the table drinks were being served pineapples and coconuts designed glasses. Some drinks were even served in real coconuts! There was snacks of all sorts in the table as well consisting of mini hot dogs, chips, candy, and cookies.