Prologue

Lily's heart raced as she closed her eyes. Another vision was coming to her from StarClan. Her body trembled with curiosity. It was the vision of a forest, filled with twisted trees and shadows that seemed to dance with malice. In the center of this eerie place, a massive tabby tom with piercing amber eyes stood, his fur bristling with power.

He stood on top of a tortoiseshell tom cat. "What are you doing?" The tortoiseshell hissed furiously.

Lily had guessed it was Tigerclaw and Redtail from her last vision. She watched intently wondering what would happen next between the two enemies. She remembered the last time they had a fight. She shook her head and continued to watch with fear in her eyes.

Redtail tried to kick him off, but Tigerclaw dug his long claws into the ground further. "You owe me a life." He growled, then swiftly bit Redtail's neck, killing him instantly. Lily widened her eyes as she saw Redtail's bright eyes, darken. Horror shot through her spine and she shivered. Tigerclaw has just killed the deputy of ThunderClan.

Lily wanted to close her eyes and forget about the pain she felt for the deputy. Though she didn't know him very well, she did admire his fearless energy. The thoughts swelled her brain, then she blinked back to the vision. Tigerclaw carried the dead body back to ThunderClan. Lily followed him and watched with her ears pushed back on her head. Tigerclaw padded into camp and gasps of shock rose through the camp. A blue-gray she-cat stood on the highrock.

"Tigerclaw! Tell me what happened." She demanded.

Tigerclaw dropped the tortoiseshell tom and raised his head high and puffed out his chest. "He died with honor, struck down by Oakheart. I couldn't save him, but I managed to take Oakheart's life while he was still gloating over his victory." Tigerclaw's voice was strong and deep.

Lily yowled with anger as she heard him say such a thing. She was then jolted back to the real world when she heard her pet calling her name. She stretched out her paws and yawned. Then she padded down a long hallway and into the room where her pet laid out on tall and huge nest. She knew they slept on them, but it was rather squishy for her liking. Her pet patted the bed, gesturing for her to hop up beside them. She obeyed and purred loudly as it brushed against her with its long limbs.

Lily then jumped back down onto the floor, not able to shake the vision out of her head. Featherwhisker has given her some crazy visions before, but this one was definitely the worst she had to encounter. With a small sigh, she licked her paw and let the vision wash over her. She would speak to Featherwhisker the next chance she got about it. He would be able to explain it to her.