Darkprotogen

I walked forward through the tint of red. I made my way to the circle area with a cell in the middle with a blue sleeping bag, two small trees, and some rocks. I walked forward, stepping in something squishy. Being a guard in this place sucked ass. I looked at my boot, pointing my flashlight at it. What was on my boot shocked me. Grey goo with tiny red slivers in it. I looked at the floor to notice a whole puddle of it. And I was standing right in the middle...

The goo crept up my boot, reaching my torso only in five seconds. "NO! OH GOD, NO NO NO!" I exclaimed throughout the halls. I was sure to attract another gootraxian. Even worse, maybe a Carneline. The goo reached my torso. My vision became blurry. My back became sore. I fell to my hands, trembling. Then it all went black.

...

I was woken up by the sound of the lights turning back on. The power outage was over. But not the wave of gootraxians. Wait a second, I was supposed to be guarding that one researcher! Oh no. I looked at my paws. I slumped down on the wall, hitting my metal head against it. "Why..me.." I said, smacking my head against it. I wasn't human anymore. I was a darkprotogen. One of those robot gootraxians. I'd self destruct myself rather than look this hideous..

 I'd self destruct myself rather than look this hideous