Panther

I walked to the cafeteria, hoping to get a sandwich from that one obscure sprinklekit gootraxian. But all of a sudden, the lights flickered. Then fully turned off after a few seconds. "Great.." I mumbled to myself. I pulled out my emergency knife. For some reason, the higher ranking staff at laminax decided it would be best for me not to have an emergency flashlight, and I bet everyone got the spare ones already. I looked around. Well, from what I could see. A pair of yellow eyes illuminated the room. "OKAY, TIME TO FUCKING GO!" I exclaimed, heading off to the cave. I used the light from the crystals to guide me. I've done this before. Couldn't be too hard to do it again. "COME HERE KITTY KITTY KI-" I was interrupted as a pair of paws grabbed me by the neck, lifting me into the air. I gasped for breath.

A loud bang rang out, and the panther holding me up fell to the ground. "Oof!" I grunted, hitting the floor. What I failed to realise is that I had touched part of a giant crystal. A guard ran up to me. "ADRIAN!" The guard yelled. The flashlight was too bright for me. It was right in my face. I covered my eyes. "I'm not even pointing it at you.." The guard said. "Wait wha- Oh no..I'm already showing symptoms.." I said. "What do you mean by- Oh god no..FEND FOR YOURSELF! I TRIED TO SAVE YOU!" The guard said, running off. "AT LEAST SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD BEFORE I-" I was interrupted as a sharp pain hit me in the leg. I pulled up my pant's sleeve, using what little light I had to see black goo on my leg. "Kill me.." I said weakly. My vision became blurry. I fell to the ground, blacking out.

...

I was awoken by the lights turning back on. Not a great start. I remembered what happened. I was a panther now. I would have to either live with getting experimented on, or just walk up to someone and have them kill me. After all, I was now the most ruthless gootraxian...I would think about blood any time soon. And..I wouldn't even have my own mind. Now this was a really, really, REALLY bad day.

 Now this was a really, really, REALLY bad day