Chapter Two: Feild Trip

(Little bit of self indulgence :3 )

Time quickly passed and Dimitri and Dedue were sent to the Officer's Academy several months before Kiera graduated.

While on a march with all three houses, Kiera's older half sister Catherine was along with them. Alois had taken ill so she had been sent along to observe the exercise in his stead.

Dimitri asked her only once to rejoin the knights of his kingdom so that she might be closer to her sister, but that only sparked a conversation about Kiera herself. Dimitri was happy to tell her all he knew of her sister.

Once they were done with their mission and camp had been set up for the night a large barn owl swooped down depositing a pair of letters in Dimitri's lap before settling itself in a nearby tree.

"What the heck?" Edlegard looked at the owl

"A bird... delivered mail to you?" Claude asked

Many of the other classmates were perplexed at Dimitri and Dedue's lack of reaction.

The prince handed Dedue one of the two envelopes and the ever stoic Duscurn man went to read it in his tent. Dimitri opened his in front of everyone.

"What is all the ruckus about?" Catherine asked, walking over

"Dimitri and Dedue got mail from an Owl." Claude explained

"Oh is that Kiera's owl then?" She looked at the bird in the nearby tree.

"It is. She says that her last quidditch match is in a few days. She's been moved from her usual position as a beater to seeker because the one playing in that position had some sort of illness that won't heal in time and she's the fastest player on the team." Dimitri put a hand to his chin. "She's doing well in her studies. Getting into mischief with Natsai and Poppy as usual with Ominis tagging along to keep them from being too reckless..."

"Mind if I read too?" Catherine asked

"Not at all. It is just an update letter." He handed it to Catherine once he was done.

"She sounds like a busybody." Catherine hummed.

"Where is this school? I've never heard of it." Edlegard asked

"Through an Outrealm gate. There's one not far from our location. In fact it's right on our path back to Garreg Mach." Dimitri stated

"On our way? Should be no harm in popping in to say hello. Maybe we can catch this game she's talking about. It is her last one and Seeker sounds like an important position." Catherine handed the letter back to Dimitri.

"Popping- a detour?" Dimitri asked

"Why not? I haven't seen my sister since she was little. And since everyone did so well, I think a little reward is in order. Who knows. Might be good for everyone."

"How many of us would be going exactly? I'd have to write to Professor Weasley immediately to try and secure seating for us." Dimitri stood, his excitement growing. Traveling to another world to surprise his best friend? He's wanted to do this for years!

"I'll get the headcount. You start your letter." Catherine smiled

"Of course!" Dimitri nodded and going off to write his latest letter.

Two days later everyone was at the Outrealm Gate and Dimitri opened it to the proper world. Catherine, the Blue Lions, Golden Deer and the Black Eagles walked through the gate and came out into a massive room. Which was startling because Kiera had told Dimitri and Dedue that the gate came out into a cave.

"What is this place?" The prince breathed

"It is the new Map room." A voice replied

The large group jumped and pulled out their weapons.