Everything Is Now Upside Down

(continue C-477 pov)
It has been a few months since that event happened. Most of the speaker alliance member units now decreased when almost all unit members including us the cameraman units went to join the parade.

Since their Titan got infected by the parasite, he can detect any kind of speakerman and destroy them which causes most of the speakerman need to hide.

Not only that but most of our unit members also got infected by that parasite. Even my partner, D-432. So the commander aka C-070 is the one who led this mission to capture some infected androids to find a cure for the parasite.

Y/n? Well ever since that event they now tend to be more busy helping Sc and fighting the toilets. Not only that they sometimes take a break and then continue going back to work. Not only that, they now always seem more tired than usual which makes me worry about them.

Our larger unit members managed to catch the parasite and put it in the test tube. Sc managed to find the solution to disinfect the parasite. He gave the blueprint to y/n for making a gun.

It took several weeks to invent that gun and when it finished, I went to the abandoned warehouse where one of the temporary bases was located. Sc showed me the gun and tested it on the infected androids in the cage.

After all the parasites that infect the androids die and fall off from it, the android that is no longer infected thumbs up at us and some cured speakerman dance.

But when I look around and see no sign of y/n, I ask Sc and he shrugs, saying they having a rest at their base. This is weird. Why would they rest at this time when their invention is ready to test? I cut off my thoughts when suddenly our roof got ripped off and the infected titan and upgraded G-toilet.

This makes us shocked about how they discovered us and didn't have time to react when the infected titan shot us. Sc looks at me then throws me the gun, instructs me to run away with the gun safely before he gets shot by the infected titan.

I run out of the warehouse and find the nearest alleyway where the survivor androids hide from the enemy. I felt something that I wasn't familiar with. I feel that I want to destroy something but at the same time feel down like what y/n has mentioned about this:sadness. For now, the survivor unit plus I will head back to the main base to make more of this gun to cure our allies.

Meanwhile with y/n

Y/n pov

Currently, my base has been surrounded by the damn toilets that I had to activate my emergency turret gun while packing the necessary equipment and stuff before the toilet manage to break into my base.

I grab my motorbike key and rush head out from my base before the toilets find me. As I started the engine, I heard the multiple voices of the toilets inside my base which I had to quickly ride my bike and drive out from that place.

I looked behind my back and saw no toilets after me which im glad but not for long When I looked in front of me that almost made me lose control of my bike when I saw multiple infected androids in front of me running towards me which I had to turn the direction of my bike but saw the toilets also drag their way to me.

I had no choice but to leave my bike run toward one of the abandoned buildings and block the entrance. I ran upstairs headed to the rooftop and blocked the door. I take a break for a minute and stretch my body before parkouring my way to the alliance base.

I activate my boots to climb mode and start parkouring to the alliance base. When I arrived there, I saw many survivor androids still repaired and some of them got sent to the emergency room.

I spotted C-477 in the lobby and I ran ahead to him.

"477, are you okay!??"
"..."

Not a single word came out from him as he stared at the floor. As if something had happened that caused him like this I shook him a bit which made him snap out of his thoughts.

"o-oh, hey."
"don't hey to me. What happened to you huh?"
"....y/n"
"?"
"today.... You know that you gave that anti-parasite gun to Sc for the test, right?"
"mhm?"
"it was a success but the enemy found us... Even with the infected titan."
"no no, wha how!?"
"I don't know, okay! They destroy some of us... Including Sc...even though he entrusted me to bring the gun safely to here..."
"Sc...it's gone?"
"yes"

I drop down to my knees with a shocked expression on my face. It took me for a moment before I cried again and 477 hugged me for comfort.

"WHY, JUST WHY... IS IT NOT ENOUGH FOR MORE SACRIFICES HUH!"

I rant a bit while crying on 477 who now doesn't know what to do. He was never really good at comforting because most of these androids rarely have an attachment to each other even 477 who never thought to care about this.

After a few minutes of crying, I wipe my tears and look at 477.

"h-how is the gun? Is it still in good condition?"
"since it is successful in curing the infected android, the engineer and scientist can make more of it, and probably we all will be able to cure the infected titan."
"th-that is good news."

Silent for a moment. Not a word can even describe their situation. Until the commander called 477 so both of us just bid goodbye to each other then I headed out from the HQ base just to ease up my mind a bit.

Cypher, Sc.both of them are my close people or rather a friend that I never had. But now they are gone. Sc makes a huge sacrifice to cure the infected androids while Cy sacrifices to save me.

'I just can not accept this reality. Why this must be happening?'I thought as I parked in one of the top buildings and sat on the rooftop.

Then I heard something behind me as I was ready to attack but I saw GC just got on the rooftop same building as I am which he waved hi.

"heya y/n, so everything is good?"
"Nope, not good. Just lost my close friend and family...  How about you."
"heh, everything is kinda hard and complicated as most of us trying to survive."
"uhuh. Good for you then."
"So wanna talk about something to ease up your mind?"
"maybe but how can I trust you because we rarely meet sometimes?"
"Well, how about I talk about myself a bit?"
"Sure."

"I was created by one of the used computers by a team unit. Some of us just create by using the newest model. Even in this war, I was still looked down on by other unit members. Just because they say my system is complicated so one day the higher-ups of that team unit decide to destroy me. So I ran away and just fought alone to survive."
"Damn, that's kind of sad."
"Lucky for me there is a group of outcasts androids who take me into their team."

After he says that, we look at the destroyed city before he continues.

"Do you have been bullied or looked down on by other people before this war started?"
"yeah kinda. But lucky for me my sister protected me from that. But now she was gone."
"your sister died?"
"no, I don't know. This is a sensitive topic to talk about."
"it okay, hey, want me company you to your base back?"
"no, you don't need to. My base had been breached so I had to find a new place to make the new base."
"oh okay."

I got a notification from my phone and checked it. 477 message me to come back to the HQ so I had to bid farewell to Gc.

"Gotta go, bye Gc."
"bye, be careful on your way back. "
"Sure."

I parkour back to the HQ then meet 477 at the lobby.

"Y/n, we got informed that your base has been breached. So the higher-ups offer to stay here and help others to aid this war."
"Thanks, I appreciate their offer but I can't stay here for long."
"It's okay, you can stay as long as you want but as long as you help us aid this war."
"Okay."
"There is also one more thing. "
"what is it?"
"I got a mission outside the wall border because there's a report that the infected titan managed to make a crack which they had to send out some of the team units to secure that place and eliminate toilets."
"so this is gonna be our last meeting huh?"
"yes, I guess."
"Just be careful out there, okay?"
"you too, Y/n."

Now I head to my designated room in the HQ and put my bag and stuff there. I take a shower and luckily there is also a shower in the room. I lay on my new soft bed while having deep thoughts before I slowly drift to sleep.

(I type 2 days but no it is 2 weeks because need to rest for some time. Anyway, wait for the next chapter later.)
(P.S.: ??? starts drinking a lot of coffee because of work, really.)

-Darkirl