Chapter 2: True Blue

"Good morning everyone," Mr Tennant said. "Good morning Mr Tennant," the Wild Boys said in unison. "So today I'll be guiding you through the types of questions you'll encounter in A-levels engineering," Mr Tennant said. "Engineering seems hard if I'm being honest," Mick said. "It will be easy once you get the hang of it," Nicky said. "Yeah, plus our missions also might involve engineering as well," Larry said. The Wild Boys were following the lectures and taking notes as well as trying to solve some practice problems. "Aww geez, this is too much Physics," John said, remembering how much trauma Mr West made him go through when Basildon Academy had Physics. Physics has since changed to Engineering because there were no Physics teachers available.

"What's wrong with Physics?" Andy asked. "Nothing wrong, just traumatised because Mr West was an arsehole," John said. "Want me to help you?" Mr Tennant asked, noticing John's distress. "Are you only helping me because I'm a Jew?" John asked. "Of course not, I'm helping you because you seemed distressed, let me help you," Mr Tennant said. "Oh, thank you," John said. As Mr Tennant guided John through the questions, John finally realised how easy the physics were in engineering. His powers were able to absorb this information to help him with the exam. "Wow, I didn't know it was easy, thank you," John said. "You're welcome, the trick is to try to break it down and apply the formulae to the questions in the test," Mr Tennant said.

"Mr Tennant, will someone orally read these questions?" Roger asked. "Yeah, Roger and I are dyslexic," Marc said. "Of course, if any student is dyslexic, someone will orally read out the questions for you," Mr Tennant said. "But there's writing," Marc said. "Let me make up a code for you guys so that it would be easier," Mr Tennant said as he took out a piece of paper and wrote random alphabet letters in it. "Those look like alien language," Roger said, recognising the language his mind always writes whenever his automatic writing powers activate. He knew he was dyslexic but he was able to make out alien language. "The ones your powers make up?" Marc asked. "This language is Blue Eyed Halargian, well Halargian language has different dialects depending on which planet," Mr Tennant said.

"Then how come whenever we hear them, they speak English?" Marc asked. "The watches translate them for us to understand," Nicky said. "Oh yeah," Marc said. "So the code here will translate with what you'll write in the writing section, the questions will be delivered to you orally," Mr Tennant explained. "Okay, thank you," Roger said. "Okay, any more questions?" Mr Tennant asked. "I have a question, are we actually going to invent things too?" Martin asked. "No, everything will be written, it's just a written test anyway," Mr Tennant said. "What are the odds of passing all these A-levels exams?" Maddy asked. "I dunno, I was only hired last year so I didn't go through as many alumni who did their A-levels yet," Mr Tennant said. "I can recall that only 10 out of a hundred students taking their A-levels managed to get A* while only 15 got B* out of a hundred," Gary said, recalling his last A-levels exam.

"I can recall you didn't manage to get either of these scores," Martin said. "No, I got C* last time, I was so stupid," Gary said. "Don't say that, we're gonna do better this time," Keebs said. "I got A* before," Paul said. "Lucky," Bryan said. "But I know you all can get A* star as well, for now, let's focus on our review," Mr Tennant said. The Wild Boys continued reviewing with the Engineering A-levels before lunch time. Once it's lunch time, the Wild Boys leave the Engineering classroom which means Mr Tennant can move on with his secret mission. "Did you tell them about why we're doing this?" Henry asked. "No, not really, I'm actually not supposed to tell them," Mr Tennant said. "We're doing these special A-levels for the Wild Boys because we're trying to unleash their ability to pick up knowledge," Henry said.

"I thought only Curt, John, Andy and Larry could do it," Mr Tennant said. "Neil, the Halargian brain is more advanced than a human's, they can pick up more information than a regular human so that's why we're trying to see if the Wild Boys were able to do so by giving them the special A-levels, not the same ones ordinary students have," Henry said. "So that's why we assigned them to 5 subjects and separated them from the others?" Mr Tennant asked. "Yes, but there are more Wild Boys they are yet to meet," Henry said. "But they already met Charlie, Mel, Mick and Derek," Mr Tennant said. "There are more Wild Boys to come and they are yet to cross paths with them," Henry said. "But I didn't know that those Wild Boys were in my class earlier," Neil said.