0

To the three teenagers, nothing could be heard over the furious scribbling of various names in pages of their notebooks. In reality, nobody cared. To any passerby, they were just three friends in a local Café completing schoolwork. Still, they could never be too sure.

Places like these were the best to go. There was no chance of anyone suspecting murderous activity from three friends in a small restaurant. The most important part, however, was the names. This wasn't like the Kira-stricken world. This was way different. There was never any reason to be cautious giving out your name here. The trio was set.

Writing down names in public was a very quiet practice. They didn't want attention drawn to them.

This time around, Rem was the first in the group to start speaking.

"How many have you written?"

Such beautiful hair she had. Locs that faded from white to purple. Anybody could spot her from a mile away.

"Fifteen," replied Sidoh.

The first thing anyone would notice about him was the horizontal scars that ran though both of his eyes. They would catch attention from anywhere.

"..Thirty-two," Ryuk added.

Out of them all, he was the most out of place in this world. Although he had a human like appearance, there were blue and white patches of skin all over his body. He always felt odd stares while walking down the street.

All of these features, some big some small, were things they couldn't change about themselves. Ever since they were banished to this strange world, they had to blend in.

They were now human, their only bond to themselves as Shinigami being the Death Note. They had to keep writing names. What would happen to them if that bond was broken? Where would they go?

"Please tell me you spaced out their death dates, Ryuk."

"Don't be so paranoid, Rem. I'm not stupid."

Ryuk closes his Death Note and places it in his bag. Rem and Sidoh follow suit.

Whenever they meet up to do this, they always leave time at the end to observe the others around them. More faces and names. Now that they can't automatically see names and lifespans, they take as much as they can get.

After a while, Rem decides it's time to go. She doesn't verbally communicate this, but rather gets up and start walking. Ryuk and Sidoh take note of this and start following behind her as she walks toward the exit.

"Sidoh," Ryuk whispers.

"Yes?"

"Get that waitresses name on the way out."