Chapter 7

Douma had laid in bed, Kotoha snuggled into his side and Inosuke on his chest. His arm was loose on Kotoha and a hand pats Inosuke's back if he whimpers in his sleep.

Even with the blessing of being able to walk in the sun, this was true warmth. His heart felt full, more than any amount of flesh that could enter his stomach.

It made him purr.

Douma does trail his gaze to the doorway, Tamayo stands a jug of water for her guests. Her gaze studies the scene. Probably trying to see if it was real.

At another time, he would have clapped his hands with a fan in hand, mimicking what joy felt and probably bringing her to Muzan to murder.

Now she was in the same situation as him. Having defined the progenitor of demons and now is on the run from him. Then there were the slayers, who probably would try to kill them on sight.

Tamayo recognizes now isn't the time to talk. It was the time to rest. The female demon sets the jug of water down and leaves the room, moving the curtain to cut off any light that could come in from outside.

Douma shuffles a bit, getting Inosuke between him and Kotoha and then he lies on his side, his back covering them from view. He pulls Kotoha by her waist closer and brings his chin on top of her head.

He wishes it could remain this peaceful.

His eyes closed and he decided to sleep for a bit.

When his eyes opened, he was in a stone garden, sitting upon a boulder. The sun was out and all was still.

Upon another boulder, Buddha sits watching him.

Douma can't help but grin, bowing to his superior.

"Shiye, it's nice to see you again. I must thank you for the blessing of being in the sunlight again." Buddha nods.

"Douma, you are learning much but you still have a long way to go." Douma shakes his head in agreement.

All was quiet for a moment till Douma leaned in.

"Why give Inosuke power instead of Kotoha?" Buddha smiles, his shoulders shaking lightly as he tilts his head.

"Little Inosuke may have gone through much at a young age and is still innocent. He is free from the burdens that suffering brings." Buddha then gave a vocal chuckle. " I will admit, it is amusing to see when he uses his gift."

Douma will say with his decreased healing ability, it wasn't nearly as amusing. Though it may make Kotoha laugh if he smiles at her while missing a fang.

Tamayo takes his blood, wanting to study it and he gives plenty of bag fulls. It did however have him panting for a moment, needing to sit down. It shouldn't affect him this much but it did.

His back was against the wall when Kotoha found him in the guest bedroom. Her arms are empty with no little one in sight. Inosuke must be with Tamayo.

His heart was pounding and he could only close his eyes. His body was acting odd, it was weak.

Much like how he felt after a long day of giving false sermons to his congregation.

Kotoha comes to kneel beside him. Her presence was enough to ground him. His nose picks up the smell of her blood.

His hunger was spiking again.

Why?

He doesn't know and he's once again terrified of what could happen.

Tamayo was not strong enough even with help to get him off Kotoha if worse came. Kotoha still pulls him into a hug.

"Douma, are you hungry? Do you need more blood?" He shamefully nods, not wanting to but he couldn't help himself.

Not when he knows Kotoha would offer if he was pitiful enough.

Was he pathetic enough for her?

He must have been when she came to sit in his lap and face him. She hugs him once more his face buried into her shoulder.

He wanted to sink his fangs in. Saliva was gathering and his throat felt dry. His hand finds her collar and exposes her skin. Untouched and yet... he remembers how hurt she was bruised.

"Kotoha-chan." He goes to pull away only to feel her hand at the back of his head, gently pushing him into her shoulder. Her head knocks with his, cheek pressed into the cool metal of his crown.

"It's okay Douma, take only what you need."

What he needs and what he wants is what is driving him mad.

During his imprisonment, the one thing he learned during his years of fasting was his gluttonous behavior was almost neverending. His gut was like a pit that could never be filled.

But her taste was heavenly and he wanted to appreciate it once more.

"Please, dig your nails into my skin, my hair...my eyes if you must. Alert Tamayo if it becomes too much." Douma pleas, wanting his last sane thoughts before he opens his chops, his fangs sharp and only begins once he feels the motion of her head agreeing. His canines embed themselves into her delicate skin, only to pull back to allow the ambrosia to escape and to meet his tongue.

A rumble comes to his chest as he brings his arms around her waist, hugging her to him as he drinks. He probably takes two large gulps before licking the tender flesh. Kotoha winces and he kisses near the edge of the reddened area.

He peppers another and another till he reaches her cheek.

"Thank you Kotoha-chan. I'm feeling better now."

Kotoha smiles at that, kissing his cheek in return before pulling back.

It only takes a moment before he tightens his hold on her waist as they fall to the side.

Her touch was addictive.

Inosuke was a happy and delightful child. Chachamaru allowed the child to play every once in a while with their tail before moving away.

It breaks Tamayo's heart that the child can't have a normal life.

Muzan could only bring suffering to others.