Part 6 - The Seal

Macaque lets go of MK after the kid regains his balance, and he sits down on the floor in a lotus position. MK watches him, before looking around the room, and realising he was in a training area or dojo.

"Is this your dojo?" MK asked.

"Yup," Macaque points to a spot on the floor in front of him.

And MK does what is silently instructed of him, sitting down, and crossing his legs.

"Now, it's obvious that your current form does have some implications with your current lifestyle. But I want to warm you, MK. This seal won't last forever, and you won't be able to use some of your powers, as it could potentially break the seal." Macaque explains.

MK gets a little concerned, "Okay... Like which powers are we talking about? And should I mention that I met Monkey King and he's gonna be training me as well?"

Macaque flinched, a sour look briefly crossing his face, which MK noticed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't think you'd be upset with me having another teacher." MK pouts, looking down at the floor.

"No, no. It's okay. I should have guessed you'd seen the Monkey King, especially since you seem to have some of his powers as well."

"Right," MK smiles awkwardly.

"Well, in that case. It's imperative you don't use the seventy-two transformations. If the Monkey King asks you to do this in training, you must think of a way to avoid it, at all costs. I can't even imagine how Sun Wukong would react to seeing you as a monkey, not to mention the amount of energy it takes to use the seventy-two transformations will likely break the seal, so don't use it. Got it!" Macaque reinforces.

And MK flinched slightly at how serious Macaque seemed to get. It was almost like he didn't want Monkey King to know about MK's monkey form, but he's probably just worried about MK's wellbeing.

He nods, "Mhm."

"Good. Now how about some training?"

Macaque jumps up, and walks over to a cabinet, pulling out a makeshift staff and throwing it over to MK. The kid catches it, and gives his teacher a confused look,

"Um... Can't I just use Monkey King's staff?"

Macaque scoffs, "Na-ah, no way I'm letting you destroy the dojo with that thing. It's way too overpowered for your first lesson."

MK laughs, realising how right the simian was, and the rest of the day was spent training with Macaque. He taught him the basics and was quite impressed with how well MK picked things up. In a short few hours, the kid was dodging and blocking attacks left, right, and centre.

Eventually, the kid did collapse from exhaustion, and Macaque decided to stop training for the day. It was nice to see MK so happy and willing to learn though. And now that it's getting late, the kid would have to get home.

Macaque waits for MK to catch his breath, before inviting him to sit down in front of him.

It's time for the sealing...

MK composes himself, sitting down with his back turned to Macaque. He wasn't gonna lie, he was a little scared, but he trusted that Macaque knew what he was doing. Macaque takes a deep breath, and starts weaving signs, developing a large magical seal that appears behind the kid.

And very gently, Macaque pushes the seal onto MK's back.

Within seconds, the kid's form changes back to its human appearance – his tail disappearing along with his balance and confidence, and now MK felt like he was wearing a heavy coat, with an uncomfortable extra layer of skin sitting on top of his natural form. And the feeling made him miserable. He didn't really notice it before, as he'd probably had the previous seal since he was an infant, but it was very apparent now.