Part 9 - Dream or Nightmare

"I just turned eighteen."

MK averts his gaze, hoping to avoid telling Monkey King about his dream, or Macaque for that matter. He wanted to wait for the right time, and another thing he was worried about, was making sure his demonic form stays hidden for a little longer. 

Wukong was taken aback by what he'd just heard. 'MK had just turned eighteen, there's an awfully odd coincidence' He thought to himself, realising that his son's own birthday had just passed as well. Despite how long it's been, he always remembered the day little Qi Xiaotian was born. Although, the little squirt wouldn't be that small anymore, and it made Wukong wonder whether or not it would be safe for him to try and find his son. He'd be old enough to protect himself, but just the thought of someone trying to hurt his son, caused him to shake the thought away.

He couldn't bring himself to find his son just yet. He wanted to be absolutely sure that no one would go after him - especially Macaque.

Wukong blinked back to reality, "Ahuh," He said, turning to the side slightly. He thought for a moment, before looking back at the teen and noticing how uncomfortable the kid looked - it almost looked like he was trying to hide something, and then he remembered how MK hesitated with his answer.

MK tensed up when he felt Monkey King's eyes on him. It felt like he could see right through him and that's when he realised that the simian was a little suspicious.

"Are you..." Wukong pursing his lips in hestiation, "Trying to hide something from me?"

MK paled, jumping up, "W-What?! No- I just-"

"It's okay, bud." Monkey King gently grabbed MK by the shoulders and gave him a soft smile. The laid back and carefree gesture helped MK relaxed when he realised that the simian wasn't too fussed on whether he was ready to tell him what was really going on - and that brought a smile upon MK's face.

Wukong knew something was bothering MK, but he didn't want to push the kid, and he didn't think anything less of the teen for not telling him.

"Don't worry about it. I know you'll tell me when the time is right. It's clear that whatever is bothering you, is important, and if you don't want me to know about it yet, then it's okay."

MK was a little baffled - he thought for sure that Monkey King would have wanted to hear the truth, or would even be mad at MK for lying to him. But before MK could register his next thought, his body acted first - his arms surging forward to wrap the golden simian in a tight hug.

At first, Wukong was a little surprised by the sudden squeeze, but he fully embraced the kid seconds after being tackled. They both enjoyed each other's presence for a good couple minutes, taking in each other's warmth and MK listened to Monkey King's heartbeat, helping him relax even more. 

MK then pulled away, "Thanks Monkey King. You have no idea what that meant to me, and I promise, I'll tell you when I'm ready. There's just some things I need to work out first." 

"No worries, bud."

A few weeks later, MK and Wukong were really starting to get along. They trained together every weekend and Monkey King was really impressed with how quickly the kid was progressing with his fighting skills and using the staff, but now, it was time to move onto something more complicated, aka. magical stuff.

Not to mention, Wukong was still a little worried about hurting the kid - after he'd accidently slammed him into the ground last time. He'd been very wary of how to teach and spar against MK, fearing that he could trigger the same thing that happened last time - which he still hasn't figured out what actually happened.